Jockey Journal Forum banner

Norris Cam Specs for triumph 650

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  RidingHood 
#1 ·
G'day fellas, has anyone got a scan of a Norris cams catalogue,I am chasing up various timing and tappet clearance specs for as many Norris Triumph 650/750 cams as possible.

I have the Vintage Bike Triumph cam spec scan that has an incomplete listing of Norris cams ,its helpful but there is info missing.

Even if someone can throw more light on 1555D-T650"D" grind cams (I recently purchaced an inlet and need more info especially on the Exhaust) ,that would be most appreciated.
Cheers R

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
1555D-T650 .Super Drag,Land Seed Record.314 degrees duration,0.435" valve lift.That would be about 0.387" cam lift,possibly enough to foul in the tappet block.
Intake timing 57/77 @ 0.020" lift.Intake running clearance 0.009".

This cam would get happy at about 6500 rpm.

#4 ·
Thanks fellas ,I am on the search for the exhaust cam that was partnered with the D grind inlet,just cant find any info at all.
Wes ,as mentioned I only have the inlet cam,if I lived in the states I'd be more than happy to drop by with the cam.
cheers R

#7 ·
Wes, this Cam will eventually find its way into a 650 preunit dragbike,I only paid $68 for it .Just got to find a suitable exhaust cam .
Tony, I get a different figure from both Pete and yourself
I calculate the cam lift to be 0.391" with stock rocker arm ratio
Valvelift divided by rocker arm ratio equals cam lift
0.435"/1.11 =0.391"
Cheers R

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.