Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had the pre unit triumph w/amal concentric running.....now it will not let gas into chambers...i ve cleaned it three times...blown it out...changed settings on main needle(clip)....there isn't much to them i can't figure it out...gettin sick of kickin the fucker over ...any ideas???

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive done that and there is gas flowing out when i remove my hand...plenty of suction...yet when i check the plugs they are as dry as a bone....do you know how to set the pilot jet screw....anyone ...thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
now it is backfireing through the carb..catching the gas on fire that is on mag and outer rim of carb

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
not trying to be a wise ass or anything but - did you take the rag out of the intake before you mounted the carb? couldnt there be something blocking the exhaust? have you taken the rocker boxes off for any reason? maybe the valvetrain is not cooperating?

we knowingly watched a friend do the rag thing on his car & it was pretty funny to watch him get all angry that it wouldnt start.

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
remove the pilot jet screw....make sure that passage is clear. Some carbs had the jet inside the carb, and some had it accessible after removing the float bowl. If it is clear, gently bottom the pilot screw..then back out 1.5 turns as a baseline. Also check the float level. It can be adusted by moving the needle seat. If your bike is high in the front, the carb leans back and has a harder time getting gas when using the tickler. Also when tickling the carb, have the bike straight up, so both cylinders get equal fuel. Hope this helps

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no rag..thanks tho...things like this have got me b4....thanks for the pilot info and yes the bike is high in the front on my bench...i'll go try

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am having the same problem with my t-100 with a
monobloc. I was told to clean out the carb and jets,
did that with sonic cleaner and the bike started on the
3rd of 4th kick. It ran for two days and now back to
the same old shit. I cleaned everything again, even though
it all looked good. And nothing. I think its time for a new
carb.

Rob

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
got her runnin...carb is still flooding out the rim of opening (the vent for the bowl ???)so im going to replace nylon float needle w brass but it runs....i never thought that the tilt of the bike mattered that much...gotta make sure not to try and start it on a hill...thanks i knew you guys would come through with help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts