Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sit down for this one, and hold onto your hats too!

It has been a while since I last did a show. I ran a show called the Jalopy, Jump and Jive for a few years in Asbury Park. I also did a bike/art show called "Loyal to None".
Oh, and then I ran some antique drags under the name Motor Speedway with my car club buds the Oilers for a season.

It has been a while since doing a show because I never seem to be able to do one the way I want. There for, I don't do them. I like action!

The Oilers Car club with Old Ghost Productions proudly presents to you,
the "Race of Gentlemen".

Coming this fall to the Jersey Shore (Monmouth County)... Pre and post war motocycles and automobiles duking it out on the sands!

That's right! All the details are still being worked out, but I just had to tell you all that we are working feverishly to set this up for this October. It will be an Annual event as long as we all be cool!

I've made a few phone calls and lined up some amazing cars and bikes for the run. I will soon drop some pictures on you of the entries. You can count on period correct hop ups and motorbikes batteling on the sand. We have an amazing area set along the dunes for our "pits" with an entrance to the beach.

LOOSE DETAILS,

Pre party on the beach night before race.
Big top tent in the sand, bonfire too.
Live bands to set this race off right!
Booze on beach provided by Fire Co.
*No outside alcohol is permitted into pits or on beach area*

RACE DETAILS,

Pre registraion required!!! Email me at, Sit down for this one, and hold onto your hats too!

It has been a while since I last did a show. I ran a show called the Jalopy, Jump and Jive for a few years in Asbury Park. I also did a bike/art show called "Loyal to None".
Oh, and then I ran some antique drags under the name Motor Speedway with my car club buds the Oilers for a season.

It has been a while since doing a show because I never seem to be able to do one the way I want. There for, I don't do them. I like action!

The Oilers Car club with Old Ghost Productions proudly presents to you,
the "Race of Gentlemen".

Coming this fall to the Jersey Shore (Monmouth County)... Pre and post war motocycles and automobiles duking it out on the sands!

That's right! All the details are still being worked out, but I just had to tell you all that we are working feverishly to set this up for this October. It will be an Annual event as long as we all be cool!

I've made a few phone calls and lined up some amazing cars and bikes for the run. I will soon drop some pictures on you of the entries. You can count on period correct hop ups and motorbikes batteling on the sand. We have an amazing area set along the dunes for our "pits" with an entrance to the beach.

LOOSE DETAILS,

Pre party on the beach night before race.
Big top tent in the sand, bonfire too.
Live bands to set this race off right!
Booze on beach provided by Fire Co.
*No outside alcohol is permitted into pits or on beach area*

RACE DETAILS,

Pre registraion required!!! Email me at, [email protected]
Pre/post war autos, hop ups, and motorcycles. Oh, and a P-38 Tank.
Non Sanctioned 1 mile race between beach jettys
Award ceremony with pretty ladies, hand shakes by our two mayors, and flower wreaths.
More details to come as I get them.

Pre/post war autos, hop ups, and motorcycles. Oh, and a P-38 Tank.
Non Sanctioned 1 mile race between beach jettys
Award ceremony with pretty ladies, hand shakes by our two mayors, and flower wreaths.
More details to come as I get them.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
This looks fantastic and I would sure like to tear up the sand on my BSA. My uncle and cousin live right near Asbury Park, too! Too bad I live in Memphis. If it all works out for you, maybe I can make it next year.

Cheers,

LTR

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hope you can all make it! It will be an annual show too. There are a lot of early bikes running, going to be neat.

If you would like to submit a bike for the race you must email me pics of bike. There is only so much room.

Email is on the flyer. Thanks!

·
Administrator
7,776 Posts
New flyer with more info.... this is going to be really cool. Car and bike show on the 20th along with the races....
Don't forget to bump this as it gets closer, looks to be a good time!

·
Registered
946 Posts
looks fun but i feel like tank shift only is going to limit your number of entrants significantly. i'll be spectating

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
looks fun but i feel like tank shift only is going to limit your number of entrants significantly. i'll be spectating
It is the first year, so we needed to keep it smaller and slower just so they would let us do it!

If your from Jersey, you know your not even aloud to cuss, or fart, or surf sometimes when a hurricane rolls in to our beaches. So we are stoked to be given a chance to do something that hasn't been done in many, many years on anyones coast. Plus, hand shift is more dangerous in the sand!

We have a tank down at the beach. At night I dangle hot dogs over it and try to lure a few sharks in. If all goes well, I'll be jumping them at half time for your viewing pleasure!

Be there, support something different!

Or just ride your bike or auto to the local parking lots for a nice talk about why nothing cool happens anymore. Hahahaaa... Jersey is back baby! Well' for a cool afternoon anyway...

Please tell everyone, it's a family affair! Bring the kids, bring grandma, be there!!!

It's a gentlemens race, wear a suit!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mel, I know this is gonna be huge this year... If all goes well, mabe next year you can have a "British Invasion" class.. Would love to run my Trump down the beach!! haha
-E

1 - 20 of 34 Posts