Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, linked over here from the HAMB. Looks like this is going to be a really good board. My short BIO: 53 WM, Viet Vet, retired mechanic (bikes & cars) I like Hot Rods, Customs, Choppers, Bobbers and Baggers. I ride a 77 FLH (presently under the knife) and a XS650 Bobber/Bar Hopper (presently for sale). I look forward to meeting you guys.
LilBill

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
labelkills said:
nice to see more jap "crap" riders
watch out there are a couple "haters"

welcome
Don't bother me none. I'll ride, drink, eat or screw damn near anything. It's all good :) . Besides, I was probably riding a Harley before most haters were born. And they were no brake, no suspension, oil dripping sonsabitches and if you wore colors you better keep one hand on your vest gun. None of this touchy feely "bikers welcome" crap you see today. I'm old, crusty and mean and I like it that way. ;-)

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kickstarter said:
Saw your xs650 posted for sale on another board. Sweet lookin 650.
Thanks, I've wanted to chop one since they first came out and I finally got around to it. Without a doubt it's the best 650 class twin I've ever rode. I worked at a Tri/BSA dealership back in the early 70s and chopped quite a few Brit twins back in the day. IMHO they were underpowered, evil handling, teeth shaking, bulb blowing, cantankorous and all around miserable excuses for a motorcycle. Beautiful to look at but pure shit to own. When the Japs built the XS twins they did it a little bit better than the Brits. Now don't get me wrong, the XS is still a pretty crude machine by todays standards but it beats the shit out of a Brit twin in every respect.
Now before any Trump fans start flaming on me for my opinions let me just say I've owned quite a few of all of these brands ( shit, I even had a chopped riged framed Matchless single) and ridden dozens if not hundreds of all kinds of Brit bikes over the years. The truth ? Lots of soul but not much else. I still wouldn't kick one out of bed though ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts