Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm new to the journal, I was reffered here by a guy I talk to on stonerrock.com, anyhow, I've been into classic bikes for awhile and have decided that I want to build an old school bobber for my winter project this year. My first question is the frame, where can I get one, or how do I make my own. This is the direction I want to go with my bike.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Most of the triumph and bsa chops out there have the stock front half of the frame, with either a bolt on or a weld on hardtail. If you have access to a tubing bender, plasma, chop saw, and welder you can make your own, or have a fab shop do it for you. They sell the hardtail sections on ebay, and also through a few venders. If you get the ebay one, be prepared for a lot of trimming and bending as they fit like shit.

these guys have frames and tail sections.....
http://www.britcycle.com/Products/544700.htm

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yo trav...
Jump right in and start checking out some of the threads.
You're probably going to get more info than you need just from the stuff on here already. Sounds like a good project and i'm sure most of these crazy fuckers can help you because they're "in the know"!

If'n you know whut i mean....

Right on, man.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Welcome to the fray!

Do you have a base/donor MC preference for your project? I'm assuming Trump since that's what is in the pic but there are some good non-trump possibilities too.

Also, beware of your budget constraints if you're gonna build brit bikes these days. Prices are way up, even over the last few months. If you're low buckin' it, then maybe think metric.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts