Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined the board a few weeks ago and have been luking checking out some of the triumph bobber builds going on here. I hope to be starting a bobber project this summer and as a first build want to do it as cheap as possible.

So here's the question: How difficult would it be to fit a 650 into a T100 frame? Can it be done without extensive frame mods?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hey,If your going the cheap route,start with a 650 frame and engine.The time,money and energy you'll save fixing a frame could be spent elsewhere.Just my 2 cents worth,Frosty

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
The 650 is longer and taller then a 500 . You can make anything fit anything if you are determained enough ! But I'd just start with a 650 frame or maybe a whole bike Perhaphs some one elses unfinished project .

·
Registered
55 Posts
vintage6t said:
I just joined the board a few weeks ago and have been luking checking out some of the triumph bobber builds going on here. I hope to be starting a bobber project this summer and as a first build want to do it as cheap as possible.

So here's the question: How difficult would it be to fit a 650 into a T100 frame? Can it be done without extensive frame mods?

Thanks,
Dave
I've done just that; top, front and bottom motor mounts have to be moved and modified. In fact there's so much cutting, grinding, milling and welding involved you might as well build a new frame from scratch.
But hey, it's snowing outside and it beats watching television by a fair margin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts