Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there folks.
Newbie here, looking for ideas and picture gawking,,currently have a 42 harley which is being De-60's and goosenecked and (ala Jap Zero'd) and 49 BSA both in a state of dis-repair that i am intending on working on next when my 51 ford is done.
Been surfing around here for a while..thought its time to take the plunge !
Great Den you chaps have here :cool:

james

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
welcome James, good luck with both builds, which build is first after the 51 is the 51 a F1 or shoebox / spinner, any pics?
here we go mate..Mordor Shoebox...the Harley first...it has the flat tracker appeal to it already but the framer was blended (shapped and bondo'd) in the 60's ans is cracking off,and being a 45 is pissing oil all over the shop..so complete rebuild..get some oem in line springers..gooseneck it...cant wait !
cheers
james

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome. I wouldent mind that flathead as it is...
hahaha, cheers..as tempting as it was to not touch it myself, it drinks and pisses more oil than i do beer. Scary.

·
Registered
415 Posts
over 20 years ago had a panhead with a molded straight leg frame, swoop neck from back in the day, I made the mistake of stripping all the molding off to bringing the frame back to original, the thing I didn't realize at the time it was original in its self, stripped off 5 layers of metal flake.... what are you going to do with your 45... any more pics of the neck/frame

nice shoebox James, Aussie 4 door yeah? had one many moons ago, built it up from a shitter... loved that spinner

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers mate, the 4 door twin spinners are great..almost done..can smell the finale! heres my almost done grille :)....The walla ..well...here are a few snaps....unless i go with re-blending it again..slap some more bog over it to keep the 60's flavour ? still back and fourth..but def want to have it goosenecked, balooned out (handling will be shit,but christ it will look good)..

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what are you going to do with your 45...
like This (despite not being a 45)..but Tweaked with my own do-dads. Shame i dont have a big twin..but a 4 speed triumph box behind the WLA will be a go...still thinking about wether or not to go oem in-line or ariel girders that i got.The oem springer can make me run widder baloon tyres tho....ahhh all this stuff to think about.Cant wait to get into it despite the 51 spinner driving me almost broke..hahahaha.

James

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts