Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New guy here. Live in Los Angeles (El Segundo), into rods and bikes, currently building my first bike, 71 honda cb 500. Picked it up off ebay for $50, cant beat that! Doing all the work myself. Started off w/ extending the swing arm 6" but thought it looked like shit so it became a rigid. Been stretched and lowered. Front forks shortened 2". Still deciding on either some apes or drag bars. Looking to meet some like minded people to go riding w/ once its done. I also hang out over on ruffrodders.com, building a 66 Chevy C-10 sreen name there is Low66

Attachments

·
Registered
798 Posts
you missed a good swap look up toppingevents.com the long beach cycle swap is a good source for parts, got there late today and scored some good junk. might fix that tank issue of yours

·
Banned
648 Posts
Welcome. Go to www.eldiablorun.com it's the one time a year that we get everyone together and ride to Mexico. This was our first year and we met quite a few really cool people, both from around So Cal and from amazingly far away too. Other than that, around here it seems like someone's bike is always down, but there is usually someone to ride with if you post on the Journal. It looks like we'll have a pretty big posse rolling to the Smoke Out in Oct. as well.

Like your bike, I dig the funky old Hondas. Looks like you are off to a good start.

-Bill

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Hello, I grew up in LA, went to Gardena High a long long time ago (class of 73). I dig the bike, even the tank, it's got an old LA feel to it if you remember what all the bruthas were doing back in the 70's with thier honda 750 X 4's you'll know what I mean.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Yeah the tank does need some work. I was going to do couple of things to it first to see if I can make it work before I ditch it.
Abe- thanks, I did make it there on sunday, didnt find anything that I could use now
Bill- that run sounds just like what I need

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its my intro page so it all good. The thing I dont like about our frames is the backbone, its not a tube but stamped sheetmetal. Thats one reason I want to try to keep the stock type gas tank to cover it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Low 66 said:
Its my intro page so it all good. The thing I dont like about our frames is the backbone, its not a tube but stamped sheetmetal. Thats one reason I want to try to keep the stock type gas tank to cover it
right on... i love that part!!! hahaha!!! thats kinda what convinced me to cutt on the thing.. ima rework it but it flows... its different than what you always see ya know... check how im doing the split..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like it! do you have a tube bender? I only have a pipe bender so I cant get that much of a bend

·
Registered
13 Posts
yeah... i'm spoiled... i work at a shop called blue collar customs... lots of toys at my diposal..

for what your working with thats awesome!! i've been noticing most peoples hardtails look funny.. yours look porprtionate...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts