Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well its kinda been a tradition for me to get up New Years day and take a putt on the scoot if its together and no ice.Well got up bought 10 am went out to the garage to see if the old girl would kick over.Took bout ten times and she roars to life.I turn around and standing on the porch is my 8 year old daughter in her winter coat,house slippers screamin I am goin too......

So I made her get her hat gloves and tennis shoes on and we took off around the long country block where we live.I believe I have ruined her as I kept it about 35 mph and cold as hell and she wanted to go faster.I have been riden her around the block for awhile but I do not take her on the main road just because I would not be able to live with myself if something happened to her.

Well HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AND A GREAT RIDING SEASON AHEAD.

Shoe

·
Registered
104 Posts

my 8 year old has been riding with me for 2years now and loves it every time. Like you I dont take her out on the main roads, but at rod runs she goes everywher with me.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Cool picture Shoe, We have a "Polar Bear" ride here in the Black Hills, ride is up Hwy 44 other known has Rimrock Canyon to a little tavern at Johnson Siding, I'm sure some of you have stopped there for refreshments during the rally, Well today mother nature gave us freezing rains, I know some riders will do it just because, but not me this year!!!! It has been a tradition on New Years day since I can remember.

Shoe, put your scoot away, give your daughter a kiss and get in the shop and get to work on project X.:D :cool:

·
Registered
931 Posts
I've had that same tradition- We've got 40 degrees here and dry streets, don't know how long it's gonna last but I've seen a few other bikes out also. We're gonna blow some cobwebs otta the roadster next. Happy New Year-Frankie

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yeah I'm felling ya, Shoe, it's a GRUELING 75 degrees and sunny here.

·
Registered
361 Posts
It's been a tradition around here for the past 25-30 years to do a new years day ride. It's hosted by the Montana Legends, a local motorbike social club (not 1%ers). The ride is from one of the local downtown bars ,through a very cold river canyon to another bar about 6-7 miles away. Depending on the weather you can have as few as 10 bikes up to 100. This year it was 45 degrees and sunny so the turn out was good. You get all sorts of bikes, this year you had urals, new Triumps, old Triumps, Lambrettas,old harlys, new harlys ,Harly hummers, old bmws, new bmws, sidehacks, dirtbikes, beachball tire customs,briggs and stratton on a swinn.Old and new hondas and everything else. A whole cast of colorful characters good friends and just plain strange dirtbags. good times. Its a great way to start off the year. Hope you all had a good holiday season and heres to a productive and fun new year. Gregg

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments tryin to take advantage of dad bein his girls hero before she grows to old for that and is embaressed by him instead.It aint taken long for her to get here and I dont know if it will last forever but she is a daddy's girl for sure.......

Crazy I'm workin on project X gonna be ready I hope to break down for paint in the next 2 weeks...........

Crow I know your feelin it I have been in austin in the winter months.

Shoe

·
Registered
560 Posts
Man I'm just turning into a big sissy! I usually at least ride down town on the First but it was about 40* with the wind blowing 30mph and raining buckets.

No thanks I didn't need the ride

·
Registered
100 Posts
TRIUMPH TERROR said:
Thanks for the comments tryin to take advantage of dad bein his girls hero before she grows to old for that and is embarassed by him instead.It aint taken long for her to get here and I dont know if it will last forever but she is a daddy's girl for sure.......
Shoe
you have to fuck up pretty good to stop bein "My Hero, Daddy" to yer half-pint........they never really grow out of it......as far as being embarrassed by you......well them days are coming for sure........nothing you can do about it........but no matter the embarrassment,yer always their Hero.........Wait till she tells you NOT to pick her up and hug her in front of her Softball teammates anymore........or that she doesn`t need her boo-boos taken care of by ya or else the "others" will think she is a wimp......broke my damn heart but made me happy to be a part of that milestone in her life.......

and now that I`ve revealed a softer side, I am gonna go kill some puppies for the fun of it before anyone gets the wrong idea about me......MWAHAHA

at least yer wife has the GOOD gene pool.........good to see "Lil Shoe"came out all purty and without sideburns and BC glasses

OH...........and NEVER EVER read yer girl`s diary.......NOT ONLY because it`s a privacy thing.........but because you`ll be surprised just how hateful and full of spite them itty bitty females are........and they can look a person RIGHT IN THE EYE and smile and hug `em........and then write 4 pages in their diary about how much that person "SUCKS ASS"

dem girls are funny little creatures

1 - 9 of 9 Posts