Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is building a new website for Conder Custom. She's new at it and there are a couple bugs to work out, but she's doing a great job! Drop by and take a look when you have time. We'll be posting the thousand or so photographs, stories and art that's built the shop over the years and this is the starting point.

Most of the pictures are links as well as the text, all leading you to friends that I work with or more of our work. Feel free to contact me if you know of some material in print or on the net about the shop that we may be missing, or just want to help us get it tuned up. - Thanks, Tim

http://www.condercustom.com

·
Registered
618 Posts
cool, always good to see more of your work...

One note, the home page was a little heavy to load (i'm on DSL) -- you may want to try using the "save for web" feature in Photoshop to lower the file sizes, and save on bandwidth. A medium-ish compression jpeg will still look good.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My wife re-did the thing so it loads faster this morning. We'll be workin' on it for the next few months after work. Thanks for all the tech e-mails, it's helping big time!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Looks good. Love your paint work. How much you do you charge for just the tank? (something like the mother Teresa job )

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The tank alone for a supercustom job starts at 1500, then can go as far as you want.

"Supercustom" means a full on metalflake tattoo sleeve/rock poster style job, with hand drawn original art co-designed by you. A paint job solely designed by me using original art starts at 2000. - I love to trade.

I'll never do the job for anyone else again. It's possible in some cases to use elements of other artists work (including yours) if I get a written okay from them. Their name will go on the job with mine.

The bike below was done for a tattoo shop in seattle...I was given tattoo flash by the owner and his favorite artists, then we all contributed original art. It's all candy metalflake, with silver 'flake stitches. He calls it 'Choppenstien' and customers actually pull flash off it for their own tattoos.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
This my friend is fucking kickass makes me want to go out and get a whole body suit done in one day....BAHAHA.

Hey when you comin home to visit the bluegrass....anytime soon???????

Shoe
Conder said:
The tank alone for a supercustom job starts at 1500, then can go as far as you want.

"Supercustom" means a full on metalflake tattoo sleeve/rock poster style job, with hand drawn original art co-designed by you. A paint job solely designed by me using original art starts at 2000. - I love to trade.

I'll never do the job for anyone else again. It's possible in some cases to use elements of other artists work (including yours) if I get a written okay from them. Their name will go on the job with mine.

The bike below was done for a tattoo shop in seattle...I was given tattoo flash by the owner and his favorite artists, then we all contributed original art. It's all candy metalflake, with silver 'flake stitches. He calls it 'Choppenstien' and customers actually pull flash off it for their own tattoos.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Bitchin...
I cried alligator tears the day i saw the for sale sign on ATF.com.
Good to see stuff up and running...
Roll with the punches!!

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
after just starting my first flake job...jesus christ. now i see why peeps charge so much. man, conder, much respect to you for your work. it's pure genius. you and poon are my new heroes..

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the compliments, now you know why I had to learn how to paint! Every job I do isn't crazy like this, all a custom or hot rod needs usually is to be stripped down with the right wheels and a simple paint job (if any) to look right.

I used to do comic and airbrush art for a living before I started my shop and it comes in handy sometimes. I've got a simple black job and a crazy supercustom in my shop right now. With black there's no mercy. It shows flaws in bodywork (especially on frame molding) and specks wound customers souls. Crazy 'Flake jobs can help with body work but take more material and foul the shop. In other words...it's all hard and it's all expensive.

Sometimes I miss the days when I'd paint a Fatboy black for 500 bucks in a day at some storage unit in downtown seattle, specks an' all! "Hey man, you got a deal. You'll scratch the shit out of it putting it on so touch it up with nail polish. Have a nice day!" If I was a smart man I would've stuck to that gig, it was like printin' money. But NOOOOOOOOO!!! I had to be Mister CUSTOM PAINTER! Where it takes me 300 bucks in labor to get rid of a damn SPECK so my customer won't die of a heart attack.

p.s. Dry your tears there cousin, I still own ATF and the 3800 dollar outstanding chrome bill from Art Brass Plating for all the
"Bellflower style" chroming on Lucy. At this rate I'll be picking it up from them in say...a year. (It used to be a 7000 dollar bill.) Still haven't kissed any ass, still get to monkey with 'em. Then again, Anhauser Busch offered me 2 million to run God's rail as "The Big BUD Son of God" and Minute Maid wants me to name Satan "JUICIFER". Tempting.......I-I might get on TVeeeeeeeeeee.....c'mon Tim.....taaaake the moneeeeeeeyyy....it only feels corny for a little while, then it's all eeeeeeaasy......

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As some of you all know, all of ATF is for sale...www.condercustom.com is currently being updated by my awesome wife Alyssa, and she put the entire old (classic?) Armageddon Top Fuel website up on it's own link. Have fun, watch your curser (there's lots of hidden stuff) and use your "back" button if you get lost! - Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
227 Posts
I noticed a T coupe in one of the pics on your website. What are the plans for that? Also, the boat with the tikis on it is awesome!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts