Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joined because I was seeking information on setting up a 1948 FL Linkert M74B throttle. Stumbled across "Panhead Throttle Cable Clamps '48 and '49-53", started by TheFrenZ on 15 Sep 2014 ending 1 Oct 2014. This thread helped me a lot, the info and photos from Geo are more than helpful, actually. That thread made me want to join, so I did.
Currently building the 1948 FL, own a 1953 FLH and a 1947 FL, neither stock. Building the 1948 FL, stock, has taught me a lot, some or most of it, painfully. The thread from TheFrenZ gives me hope and confidence. Thank you for asking the question FrenZ and answering it Geo.
Bob

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is an update on my first joining post which said:
"Joined because I was seeking information on setting up a 1948 FL Linkert M74B throttle. Stumbled across "Panhead Throttle Cable Clamps '48 and '49-53", started by TheFrenZ on 15 Sep 2014 ending 1 Oct 2014. This thread helped me a lot, the info and photos from Geo are more than helpful, actually. That thread made me want to join, so I did.
Currently building the 1948 FL, own a 1953 FLH and a 1947 FL, neither stock. Building the 1948 FL, stock, has taught me a lot, some or most of it, painfully. The thread from TheFrenZ gives me hope and confidence. Thank you for asking the question FrenZ and answering it Geo.
Bob "

Since then, I was able to make a choke lever "wire" and develop a throttle cable bracket that works well with this bike.

The choke lever wire was made by replicating a stock wire, using Music wire. I made a template first to try the theory, and it worked, though it was too soft for long term use.

The throttle cable bracket was the biggest issue, but the guidance I read in the "Panhead Throttle Cable Clamps" by TheFrenZ and Geo, was very helpful and guided me to my solution. The cable is smooth at any place in the handlebar swing, again, Geo's solution helped me understand the geometry required to make this a smooth operation. I powder coated the bracket. I plan to try to send some photos with this post, which may be helpful for anyone else struggling with this type of issue, as I was.

Here goes, and, again, thank you TheFrenZ and Geo.

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Glad you got it figured out. Welcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts