Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody, My name is Doug Young and my company is "Radical Thunder LLC." and i've been building this venture for a couple of years now, i'm no marketing major, but i do share a passion for Old Style Manufacturing of "Cast" parts such as when Custom Cycle Engineerings Randy Smith made them!
i'd like to welcome comments and will return ANY criticism or comments sent
my way..give me a hollar if you need a question answered or a price quote!!
Thank You,
Doug

Link:http://www.defiantbikes.com/radicalthunder.html

P.s. many Thanks to FXRocket-Alex!!

·
Registered
798 Posts
I took a look at your cast parts, I think if you going to take the time to cast primaries and such, leave them open for a user creativity. please don't just cast in an old Iron cross or bald eagle, some people like to have smooth no-nosense parts. Also the parts look more custom without the fancy doo-dads. I think there was a link to the european guy casting finned parts, you might want to look at some of his stuff for some ispiration or interpetation. I believe a majority of this forum like stuff that is semi finished or a bit more raw loooking. Also a lot of items are found vintage parts. I don't think a lot us like the fully machined "billet" look" or those really machined square looking parts from the 80-90s. Personally I think the "iron cross, the eagle, four aces, evil devils..." get a bit too cliche and don't really add to the bike unless that is the route your look to theme your bike. This is just my opinion, don't get me wrong, its cool your manufacturing parts. Another place to buy parts besides the catalogs is always good.

·
Registered
54 Posts
TRIUMPH TERROR said:
I dont agree with everbody else;)

I need one more "live to ride ride to live" piece and I am set......BAHAHAHAHA

Welcome

Shoe
Thats the truth! I had a guy recover an old seat for me not long ago and when I went to pick it up he said "I did a little something extra for you"
You guessed it! Had LIVE TO RIDE, RIDE TO LIVE stamped in the leather.:mad:
Yes he did it again.
Oh yeah welcome to the site. I most always go for the finned items myself.:)

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have taken part in several forums that crucified guys coming in just to peddle and promote. And they made some pretty nice parts too. For future refrence.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts