Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I spent forever doing the bondo and prep work on this tank. When I sprayed it (rattle can of course) the tip got fucked up and it spit all over the tank. Now there are little raised lumps all over the place. How do I fix these? Should I just block the whole thing again and respray it? Can you wet sand single stage paint then clear over it? I kinda wanted to put clear coat on it anyway just for the added protection. The real problem is that I don't know anything about paint...any help would be appreciated.
But other than that, I think it came out pretty cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
If your using a spray can I would just block it down and shoot it again.If ya want to clear it most clears will spray over spray can paint and not have a problem but there is always the chance it can blow up on ya and make a mess in that case repaet step one and start over.If all ya got is the tank its not that bad if ya run into some trouble.Try a automotive paint supply store as we use some spot clear in a spray can for door edges and undersides of panels.This is better than the stuff your gonna find at wally world.Good luck...

and the scoots look good toooooo.....
Shoe

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a couple more questions:

if I use the paint thats on it as a base, do I wet sand it before I clear it, or would that make it look shitty?

the paint I used is an acrylic laquer, so what the hell does that mean? If I wet sand it to get the bumps out, then respray any areas that need to be resprayed, can I blend them by rubbing them out...like laquer?

thanks for the suggestions so far
Jake

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
It could make light and dark spots I would sand with maybe 800 or 1000 wet and give the whole thing another coat whats it gonna hurt and it is a spray can.I would be careful in using clears try to make sure its compatitable with laquer as some clears may react with it and it could turn into a creep crawly mess.I assumed you wear using some kind of enamel spray paint.Most the time laquers want to not play well with others.Hope this helps
Shoe
vicious cycle said:
a couple more questions:

if I use the paint thats on it as a base, do I wet sand it before I clear it, or would that make it look shitty?

the paint I used is an acrylic laquer, so what the hell does that mean? If I wet sand it to get the bumps out, then respray any areas that need to be resprayed, can I blend them by rubbing them out...like laquer?

thanks for the suggestions so far
Jake

1 - 6 of 6 Posts