Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At work we are doing somewhat of a 'bike build off". I work for a Harley dealer and we have been getting alot of positive feedback on the customs we have been turning out. Now some of them are bolt on beauties, but alot of them that we turn out are quite custom and just kick ass. Here's one of the sales guys bikes that we just finished. It started life as a nightrain.....looks f'n killer IMO.

I am just curious as to the ppl on this board think of the new skool/old skool looks?

I am trying to build a flat tracker out of my 86 sporty. Everything will be powdercoated black and silver. Kind of a old skool theme on a somewhat new skool bike as well.....

NAILHEAD

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way, but that bike is the epitome of everything that is wrong with custom bikes nowadays. Trying too hard, mixed styling cues that don't work well together, and a generic, feeble attempt at a "hardcore, bro!!" paintjob.

To top it off, it looks just like a stock twin cam if you just look past the paint, funny handlebars and seat.

I'm sure it goes fast, stops quick and turns nicely, though. And those things matter.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Tha Nutz said:
Don't take this the wrong way, but that bike is the epitome of everything that is wrong with custom bikes nowadays. Trying too hard, mixed styling cues that don't work well together, and a generic, feeble attempt at a "hardcore, bro!!" paintjob.

To top it off, it looks just like a stock twin cam if you just look past the paint, funny handlebars and seat.

I'm sure it goes fast, stops quick and turns nicely, though. And those things matter.
Couldn't of said it better my self!:D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Tha Nutz said:
Don't take this the wrong way, but that bike is the epitome of everything that is wrong with custom bikes nowadays. Trying too hard, mixed styling cues that don't work well together, and a generic, feeble attempt at a "hardcore, bro!!" paintjob. To top it off, it looks just like a stock twin cam if you just look past the paint, funny handlebars and seat.
Ding, ding, ding~!

Give the man a ceegar. Summed it up pretty darn well.
The words that entered _my_ head were "you've *got* to be kidding me..."

Best,

Weyland

·
Registered
504 Posts
That seat sucks, it's WAY too comfortable and pricey looking so it blows the whole "trial" of trying to make the bike look hardcore.

for the money and time put into that it would of made more sense to build something that is actually older.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Now do you still sell those as "new" Harleys? Do they still have factory warranties since they have been customized? just asking seeme Harley is harsh on them types of things.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Why cant I have shiny I like shiny me wants shiny paint damn it have i told anybody I like shine paint.Lets get back to the basics if it sticks chrome it.As my 7 year old daughter says dad chrome willlll get ya home ......Me likes shiny objects.....

Shoe

·
Registered
246 Posts
Abe_Lugo said:
Now do you still sell those as "new" Harleys? Do they still have factory warranties since they have been customized? just asking seeme Harley is harsh on them types of things.
Harely is harsh on everything!

·
Registered
135 Posts
O man.... I dont know what to say. The owner of that bike would be labled as "Guilty for trying too hard to fit in"

I never will understand the mind of a person who takes a perfectly good machine and "Dumbs it down" to try to be like somthing else that he or she thinks makes it cool? For example, my bike (and many others here) has no front fender on it because, well, I have no front fender... When I make one I like it may get one since it is a short bastard and needs one, if it were 8 feet long I would not even worry about it...Does that mean I throw away a front fender on every bike I have because I feel I should... God this whole "Custom" thing sux anymore...

Take his tools away. LOL

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Well, it's not exactly what I would have done, but my hat is off to anyone at a Harley dealership that will customize a bike without standing back and throwing every chrome dodad in the "accessory" book at it. And there ain't anything more "Old Skool" than red wheels so..... The only thing is, I can't figure out why it's not Denim Black.
Nite ya'll,
Larry T

1 - 20 of 57 Posts