Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to a Swap Meet today, and scored a new bike CB 160, kind of small but it has a lot of character for $65. The guy didnt know the year, so if any of you have any clues to what year it is it would be helpful. Also, any inspiration pics for turning it into a cafe?

Attachments

·
Registered
944 Posts
Looks like you have a CB 160. Good bikes, they are popular in vintage road racing.
If it is a 160, you can use 305 liners and pistons and make it a 244cc.
Hank

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
SABTRUMP said:
Went to a Swap Meet today, and scored a new bike CB 160, kind of small but it has a lot of character for $65. The guy didnt know the year, so if any of you have any clues to what year it is it would be helpful. Also, any inspiration pics for turning it into a cafe?
I was looking on the internet and it seems to be a 1965 - 68 CB 160, pretty cool bike.

Thanks for the offer on the tank, but this tank is perfect, the only thing its really missing is exhaust and seat, so everyone look through your parts......

Shoot me some pics, everyone give me some insipration to build the biatch!!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Apehanger Hank said:
Looks like you have a CB 160. Good bikes, they are popular in vintage road racing.
If it is a 160, you can use 305 liners and pistons and make it a 244cc.
Hank
Haha!!! I just picked up a '68 160 honda for $100 about a half hour ago....Weird!! I got it from our bass players wife, she said she had it rebuilt 2-3 years ago and got it bored over to a 170. I'll get pics up soon.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
max wedge said:
Haha!!! I just picked up a '68 160 honda for $100 about a half hour ago....Weird!! I got it from our bass players wife, she said she had it rebuilt 2-3 years ago and got it bored over to a 170. I'll get pics up soon.
Your shitting me, i got robbed..... Just kidding post the pics

·
Registered
142 Posts
The throttle's stuck, the gas stinks, I don't know whats up with the kick start. It seems messed up, it won't kick unless you have the clutch in...even in nuetral!! But thats what happens when bikes sit for almost two years.

·
Registered
118 Posts
damn you all. i've been trying to track one of those down for awhile now and i can't seem to find one. an ex co-worker buddy of mine has a '66 CB160 rotting in his garage that i've been trying to talk him out of for about 3 years now. asshole won't budge. packrat. how the hell do you find one of those for so cheap??!! everytime i seem to find one, it's been either restored or near it and they want way more than what you guys paid.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
OHIOCAFERACER said:
Nice bikes!!!

Those make perfect cafe bikes or vintage racers. There is a group in the pacific northwest racing those CB160s....check out:

http://www.groupwracing.com

If there is anything I can do...feel free to drop me a note.

Later,
Greg
www.OHIOCAFERACERS.com
I saw the article last year on that group, crazy stuff and sounds like a blast. Think they'd let a 200 sneak in? Learned to ride on a CB100, used as a dirt-bike.
Nice find!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
tonydamnread said:
damn you all. i've been trying to track one of those down for awhile now and i can't seem to find one. an ex co-worker buddy of mine has a '66 CB160 rotting in his garage that i've been trying to talk him out of for about 3 years now. asshole won't budge. packrat. how the hell do you find one of those for so cheap??!! everytime i seem to find one, it's been either restored or near it and they want way more than what you guys paid.
Man as I was leaving the swap meet, the guy tried selling me 3 more for $150, i just didnt have the room, so i took the best of the 4

·
Registered
457 Posts
Fantastic find!!!

I have a a 65 Honda Dream that I restored and played with a bit..

Sits there now....

But fun bikes for sure!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts