Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
that xs should sell for waht you paid for both EASY, in one day in the classifieds

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
51rat said:
that xs should sell for waht you paid for both EASY, in one day in the classifieds
Thats what i was telling him, i think he made a great score. Now, we just need to figure out exactly what it is that we scored. Both bikes have no title is the only problem, the guy didnt have a clue what he had, he just wanted them out of his shop.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The Royal Enfield (Oilfield) is either a Meteor (500cc) or an Interceptor, (700cc?) Both are awesome machines and sound silky smooth. Wish I had one now.

The yammy is probably a XS or TX 650/750 (I dint look).
Suppose I better go somewhere and Intro. Nice finds.

·
Registered
840 Posts
i don't know shit about Royal Enfields, But I just got rid of a 78 xs650 that looked a lot like that when I got it. I'd say its late 70's early0

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info everyone, has any hardtailed a Enfield? Thinking about trying to make one for it this weekend, any pics or info would be great

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dude I dont have anypics but the beuty of the oilfield is the adjustable shock locations on the rear subframe (top shock mounts), A mate of mine has a meteor with struts i think, and it looks ace. You can go so far that it looks, right. Ill see him in a couple of weeks and get a pic, You dont need to mess with them too much to get looking good. And the engines really are shit hot. Oh and lots of componants are same as the bullet so easy to get.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cromagnum, thanks for the post, the problem is my brothers to tall and the bike is just to short, so we need to add a few inches, but i would still love to see those pics if you get a chance.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JEB said:
Nice score! Is that a minichopper front wheel on the Enfield? It looks tiny. More pics of the nekkid lady tank, please.
Heres some pics of the wheel (16 incher), tank (named "the bloke), and the imitation sugar bear front end.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts