Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know guys is too old for you but i found a really good frame and i start to build this old custom i think i need of a few year befor finish missing a lot of parts this is the frame i found totally stock and like new no crack, no dent, really new
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Nice project, the frame looks exceptionally well preserved for an 82 year old piece.

Wasn't the DL known as "The 3 Cylinder Harley" for it's weird generator placement?

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's a nice find in Italy!

Have you thought about how to build it yet, or are you gathering parts?

I will follow it closely!

·
Registered
515 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice project, the frame looks exceptionally well preserved for an 82 year old piece.

Wasn't the DL known as "The 3 Cylinder Harley" for it's weird generator placement?
yes is AKA 3 cylinder for the generator i hate this generator position :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's a nice find in Italy!

Have you thought about how to build it yet, or are you gathering parts?

I will follow it closely!
i have some idea , but i'm not sure ....the original restore it's too expensive i want to build a kustom gas tank and also a oil tank ,i'm thinking in a old racer or board tracker!!! i don't know exactly!!!!, now i'm gathering the parts and in the winter i hope to finish the bike!!! mike i'm Italian but i live in AArhus Denmark and i found the parts here in Denmark a lot of friends have tons of old parts like new and also a Nos parts here in Denmark are crazy for the old bike from 1915-1930 and they restore the bike like new ,one of friends here is specialized in a J and JD and he give me the parts for a friendly price!!! :) i'm lucky i know :):):)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
great project shapping up!
It brings back exact memories for me!

you will get a kick out of the build up of mine that I posted here a couple yrs ago. You will also get a good idea of what lies ahead :)
http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39835&highlight=jcs64

Heres one of the best resources that I found while doing mine,
http://www.vintagemotorcycleworks.com/index.htm
get yourself the resto book from him, its so full of details and info you wont be dissapointed.

jeff
great job bro' thanks for the inspiration!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts