Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 73 Yamaha 500 yesterday and am looking for some advice on where to start. I was told that it ran when it was parked about a year ago. I am going to pick up a new battery today and was going to spend a couple hours cleaning it up.

My thoughts are to leave it stock and ride it while I finish my Triumph project. I am going to try to spend as little money as possible beacuse I need to focuss on the Triumph. I am new to the bike thing and am not to sure where to start.

Thanks in advance,
Thx-138jr

·
Registered
263 Posts
I would first and foremost focus on making sure it is a strong runner. I have spent so much time on bikes that i was sure didn't need much motor work simply to have wasted my time. You can spend alot of time on cosmetics but what's the point. Focus on getting it running and being safe to ride. then start pulling parts off that make it bulky and gay. That would be the best place to start. Or you could just start chopping it right now. You should find this forum to be more than helpfull with any questions you might have, just don't be a jackass about it. JOSH

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks....Josh

I am going to change the oil and put in the new battery today. And then see what happens.

Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts