Jockey Journal Forum banner

New Pipes For The Mad Dog's Black Widow

9K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  Mad Man 
#1 · (Edited)
BMX kingpin Chris "The Mad Dog" Moeller at S&M BMX solicited my help to make some new pipes for this infamous Black Widow. S&M BMX builds their own high-dollar BMX bikes in their own building right here in the US of A, so we had skills (shop manager Jason Balls, himself a chopper freak of some repute) and equipment at our disposal. Chris and I are old BMX grease monkeys, but we put our heads together and dreamed up a pipe set for his new motor in a matter of hours using only a Sharpie, a piece of welding rod and our (half) wits. Here's the blow-by-blow from last night's shop session:

Step 1: Prep your work area

Photobucket

Step 2: Make your rough drawing

Photobucket

Step 3: Create your basic shape with a piece of welding rod

Photobucket

Step 4: Install your header flange and start picking your bends

Photobucket

Step 5: Tack your little bends and straights into shape

Photobucket

Step 6: Assess your progress by installing and reinstalling your pipe as it grows

Photobucket

See less See more
#30 ·
Just thought I would throw a couple pics up here, my triumph project i started a few weeks ago and fabricated pipes for with the Biltwell Exhaust kit painted and installed and brass lowbrowcustoms exhaust tips. I'm goin fiull throttle to get this ready for the smoke out in a few days!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.