Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
My name is Randall and I live in south eastern Kentucky. I have been riding for around 50 years. I have been riding the exact same panhead for 48 of those years. I bought it for $850.00 when I returned from overseas doing my stint in the US ARMY. Its been a very dependable bike and has had the engine gone through in 1983, the transmission has never been opened up. I have just recently retired from the pipelines of America and I am finally getting to do what II have always wanted to do.
That's working on the projects that I have collected over the years. My job kept me away from home for 10 months out of the year sometimes even more. I got me a couple projects. One is a 1942 WL that no two components have ever been together to make a complete bike. They are from e-bay, swap meets and just general scrounging. I have been buying parts where I could find them. I have never owned or ridden a 45 Ci. I have nothing to go by except an Army TM that I got off of e-bay. It is geared more toward maintenance than it is putting one together from pieces.
The other project is a 74 FLH that has been sitting in a shed since 1987, original paint and hasn't been turned over since 87. The previous owner rode it home, walked in his house and sat down, had a heart attack and died. I will start on it when I get the WL finished.

I got a couple other bikes a 69 FLH that I have had since 1975, and 1995 FLRK Road King and a 59 panhead, and a 2014 Polaris Indian Vintage Chief. Nothing is for sale. I am going to let my estate worry about that. I don't know anyone that I would want to have my bikes.

I would like to buy me a Servi Car just in the event that I get to where I have trouble holding up a two wheeler. I live in a very rural area and its 13 miles to town. Just enough miles through this winding mountain roads to make a short ride and a beer run. If any of you have a project Servi you want to sell I am in the market and, I will go just about anywhere to get one, a thousand miles one way is cool.

Well that me. write me if you want to my e-mail is [email protected].

Glad to be part of the group
left side of panhead on bridge.jpg

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Hlo Randall, welcome. Real pretty panhead. How rare do you think it is to own the same H-D for most of 50 years and leave it alone (stock) all that time?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hlo Randall, welcome. Real pretty panhead. How rare do you think it is to own the same H-D for most of 50 years and leave it alone (stock) all that time?
think it is very rare. The only things I have changed are the tires, the paint , the chain and mirrors. I couldnt see how I could have improved on the way the engineers at the motor company had designed it. They already had 56 years of trial and error before this one was built in 59.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
think it is very rare. The only things I have changed are the tires, the paint , the chain and mirrors. I couldnt see how I could have improved on the way the engineers at the motor company had designed it. They already had 56 years of trial and error before this one was built in 59.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Very nice stable of bikes. Welcome. I'll put my name in the hat to be an heir, although we are probably about the same age of dirt.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Oh yeah. I'll send my adoption papers forthwith.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello again everyone, I was registered here as Rkent as well but I didnt remember my old password from goat 13 since 2009. Well, here I am and I hope to be a regular visitor to this forum, most of them have fallen by the wayside, I dont know if the "Pandemic" did this or what happened but any way here we are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts