Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New paint is in and I am likin it. Lil' Satin black with Salmon single stage with a mix of cream white pinstripe. This is for an FL at work we are building. Should be killer when done.

NAILHEAD

·
Registered
264 Posts
I like it.I've never understood the flat black on bikes though.On cars it represents the unfinished or work in progress.On bikes it looks like too cheap or lazy to paint.Gets dirty quickly and marrs easily too.Seems odd to detail a nice bike and flat black it.I missed something somewhere.Not complaining! -Strat.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stratocaster said:
I like it.I've never understood the flat black on bikes though.On cars it represents the unfinished or work in progress.On bikes it looks like too cheap or lazy to paint.Gets dirty quickly and marrs easily too.Seems odd to detail a nice bike and flat black it.I missed something somewhere.Not complaining! -Strat.
Thanks! :cool:

What is amazing is the different types of satin paints out there. Here we went with an Endura product that can be washed/ scrubbed and treated just like a polished paint. It's really a good product and wont take on the crap like other certain paints do. I must admit it makes you wonder why someone buying a new bike would want one that looks old and "unfinished" But it sells and people really dig em.

Numbers don't lie. Only people do. :D

It looks killer in person. And holy shite a wicked stance when your on it. It sits very very low.

NAILHEAD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts