Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on the HAMB for many years,probably 10-12. I pretty much understand this board and it's rules. I am a pipeline welder by trade but have moved on to inspecting. I have been into cars and bikes since I was a pre-teen. Rode motorcycles to school before I got a drivers license. My spelling sux as well as my computor skills. I currently have a 28 ford closed cab truck with a 241 dodge hemi and a 59 buick with a 66 425 2x4 nailhead. I have recently bought a 68 triumph 650 hardtailed scooter. I am working in N.C. on a job and wanted a project to work on sundays. I have owned several bikes over the years. My last nice ride was an 8o FLH kick only. It went to the wayside when I needed funds for my daughter to attend college. Wanted to come on this board to listen and learn. I will read far more than I post. I don't post pictures but I did recently learn how to send a picture from my phone to my email. Thats a giant step for me. I'm pushing 60 and it's a task for me. Hoping there are some good triumph builds on here.Thanks for having me . TPrice

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lot of the same names over here. I have already had a bunch of my triumph questions answered by reading the board. good place to hang out. How you feeling? TP

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in Conroe,but I'm from Crane ,Texas. My son attends U.T. and I am there from time to time. I've been working on the east coast for the past 4 years. Do you attend the Lonestar Roundup? I have missed the last two because I was in N.C.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I live in Conroe,but I'm from Crane ,Texas. My son attends U.T. and I am there from time to time. I've been working on the east coast for the past 4 years. Do you attend the Lonestar Roundup? I have missed the last two because I was in N.C.
I've never been to the Roundup - haven't been on a bike in a dozen years. I'm building one now, so hopefully that changes very soon.

And yes, another old welder...

Doc

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I never picked up a mig or a tig until the last few years. I was always a stick rod pipeline welder. I do however enjoy the heck out of mig and tig now. It's great for my car and now my bike projects. If you guys know what a mantobo is they are great for chopping tops and clean cutting work. We use them on the line for making repairs. One of the fringe benefits of my job. This will be my first triumph build and looking forward to it. TP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.