Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-Hello Jockey Journal community-

Got my first bike at 21 (couple decades back) after being denied by the folks while I grew up (likely kept me alive). At that time I didn't understand old iron and opted for "affordable", used Japalloy to spit me off the highside. Until I saw and heard a dual plug Shovel rat that just changed me. Scored a beautiful 1963 Pan/Shovel rigid jockey shift this Summer and wow, what a mechanical work of art to behold in my own garage.
First time I kicked it to life after sorting out the Super B carb, it honestly shocked me how loud and utterly raw this beast of a bike is. No turning back now and I have to make up for lost time of lacking that lumpy idle.
Let the journey begin!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thank you. It's been a trip having to actually think instead of just thumbing a button to start a bike. It takes a whole ritual to kick this old beast and make it roar from its slumber. Your WL looks like a smooth running original relic. Where did you find it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a healthy addiction... at least that's what I keep telling myself. Whatever- I can't really help it, I'm a sucker for old, American V-twins. Especially now that I finally own one. Will it be my last? Highly doubt it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts