13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive fuel system Fuel tank
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Vehicle
Hello from NJ.

I’m a 48 year old engineer by trade, worked as a car mechanic for a while also. Love all things with engines.

Got into motorcycles while getting my kids into off road trail riding.

I bought a 53 pan head 2 years ago. Had to store it until I made some room in the garage. Finally got it home, registered and running.

I work on all my own machines, and looking for some ideas and guidance getting this pan head looking and running like new.

Came across JJ forum looking for valve cover gasket replacement procedure experience. Really liked the way some of the jockey shifter bikes looked. I would consider the modification if I had more ideas on how it would run and look.

Going to find time to get to know the forum and apply any experience / resources found to my project.

Looking forward to getting to know anyone.

Luis
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive fuel system Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
After peering at your garage, I have to conclude that you're pretty much addicted to worthwhile motor vehicles. That's a really nice panhead, absolutely hollers "1973!" (I know it could have been built during any number of years, from the late sixties on. But, sorry, "1973" is what it happens to shout. Don't blame me.)

Welcome, and thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I agree with Rats, '73 is about right.
Great starting point, interested what decade it going to end up shouting.
Welcome
Curious what the roadster is. I can't quite identify the body shape.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After peering at your garage, I have to conclude that you're pretty much addicted to worthwhile motor vehicles. That's a really nice panhead, absolutely hollers "1973!" (I know it could have been built during any number of years, from the late sixties on. But, sorry, "1973" is what it happens to shout. Don't blame me.)

Oh yeah, you got me pegged.

I love the look and don’t plan on changing much right now. Just some repairs and tune up so I can ride her before it gets too cold.

Thanks, more to come.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with Rats, '73 is about right.
Great starting point, interested what decade it going to end up shouting.
Welcome
Curious what the roadster is. I can't quite identify the body shape.
Bought it off an older friend of mine. He purchased it in the early eighties. It was originally red. He had the engine stroked and built it to the way you see it now. I’ll post a before picture.

Thats a Factory Five mark 3 roadster (64 Shelby replica). Hoping to have it on the road soon.

Thank you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
View attachment 273042 View attachment 273039 View attachment 273040 View attachment 273041 View attachment 273042 Hello from NJ.

I’m a 48 year old engineer by trade, worked as a car mechanic for a while also. Love all things with engines.

Got into motorcycles while getting my kids into off road trail riding.

I bought a 53 pan head 2 years ago. Had to store it until I made some room in the garage. Finally got it home, registered and running.

I work on all my own machines, and looking for some ideas and guidance getting this pan head looking and running like new.

Came across JJ forum looking for valve cover gasket replacement procedure experience. Really liked the way some of the jockey shifter bikes looked. I would consider the modification if I had more ideas on how it would run and look.

Going to find time to get to know the forum and apply any experience / resources found to my project.

Looking forward to getting to know anyone.

Luis
View attachment 273039
View attachment 273040
View attachment 273041
View attachment 273042

Hey Ratso, what kind of bikes do you have?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I decline to answer on the advice of my attorney. However, the image above my login provides a clue, or is intended to anyway. I sold my third and last H-D in 1972.

·
Registered
158 Posts
3 Triumph, 68,69,71. 2 HD '11,'12.
2 Honda '68,'69. Cushman and Allstate. Just brought home a 68 R65. It's a sickness that is only cured by excessive consumption😎

1 - 10 of 10 Posts