Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Marcus and I'm from Middle Tennessee. I haven't been riding too awful long. Most of my mechanic experience growing up was tinkering with two cylinder John Deere's and old cars with my dad. I bought my first bike five years ago, a first year Harley 48, that I did some work on to try to have that old Harley look.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Plant

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Motorcycle

After a lot of searching I just recently brought home a Shovelhead project that already had a lot of the things on it I was looking for on a custom.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Fuel tank
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Automotive fuel system

It's been over 15 years since it ran last. I was able to get it started the other day and it sounded very good. Still a few things to do before it's road worthy but I was glad to hear it run. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions as I don't know much about the vintage Harley's but look forward to learning and appreciate any knowledge and advice y'all have for me.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Welcome, Marcus. Lotta knowledgeable curmudgeons here to mull over your questions and give contradictory replies.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ratso, I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions. After I get the old Shovel running good I'm going to be looking for a stock Harley style springer and a hinged rear fender to really get that classic Harley look I like so much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts