Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been working on this one a long time. lots of work (sissy bar, pipes, weld on rigid and other stuff) by Irish Rich. rebuilt engine with sifton cam, flowed heads. planning on doing mid controls cause Im short, paint when I have time, and other stuff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice to see that bike again. I remember it from when, Rich first started workin on my bike. What happend to the orignal paint on the tank?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Carlos said:
Nice to see that bike again. I remember it from when, Rich first started workin on my bike. What happend to the orignal paint on the tank?
yeah, i got it back from rich, rode about 20 miles and the engine seized. so its been a while and Im so glad to be riding it again.

the tank was pretty banged up, so I had to fix it which meant getting rid of that paint. it was kind of cool, but was just what came on it from the swap meet. hows your bike doing?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well its back at Rich's for a couple of new things. Sissy bar, seat, etc. I had it for sale @ Front Range, but no bites, so I wanted to change some things on it before I brought home. Thats to bad about the tank, cause it looked neat with that old factory paint job. kind of like Rob from the "Sinners" red tank on his pan. I forgot about your engine, getting fucked up. Man I bet your sicked, to be riding again.
congrats

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Luke Nosewalker said:
Welcome. Nice bike. Irish Rich is a ruler. Im moving to the broomfield/thornton area in July from Chicago. Do you snowboard?
cool, i work in lafayette and used to work in Interlocken. yeah, i snowboard, usually get a copper/winterpark pass and sometimes a Vail, beaver creek, etc pass.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Carlos said:
Well its back at Rich's for a couple of new things. Sissy bar, seat, etc. I had it for sale @ Front Range, but no bites, so I wanted to change some things on it before I brought home. Thats to bad about the tank, cause it looked neat with that old factory paint job. kind of like Rob from the "Sinners" red tank on his pan. I forgot about your engine, getting fucked up. Man I bet your sicked, to be riding again.
congrats
yeah, the dents gave it character but kind of bugged me, plus it was sitting without an engine for a few years and I just had to do things to it. you building something new then?

·
Registered
801 Posts
So, that's a stock 4-speed frame with a weld-on hardtail?

I'm gathering parts to put together something that's going to look real similar...4-speed frame with a weld on hardtail, early wide-glide front end, 16 rear/21 front, shovel motor, etc. I'm psyched!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hogtownhd said:
So, that's a stock 4-speed frame with a weld-on hardtail?

I'm gathering parts to put together something that's going to look real similar...4-speed frame with a weld on hardtail, early wide-glide front end, 16 rear/21 front, shovel motor, etc. I'm psyched!
sure is. got the weld on for about $125 shipped... maybe from legend supply... i think theres a link on chopperdaves.com

sounds similar though, good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
coloradosean said:
yeah, the dents gave it character but kind of bugged me, plus it was sitting without an engine for a few years and I just had to do things to it. you building something new then?
Yep, Trying to get parts together for my new CFL. It's going slow, I was hoping to speed it up, by selling my old bike, but no luck, or maybe It was luck. My old bike is super nice, and rides real good. I will be up around July to pick it up. The video's nice. Those pipes sound real good!

·
Registered
726 Posts
I have a soft spot in my head for Shovels, but Sissybars are Killers,they don't let you get off the scoot if you need to in a hurry. Lost a couple bros that way. NICE SCOOT though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice bike, I know what you mean about being short and that seat, when you goose it you slide back and cant reach the foot controls, am I right? I had the same problem, took a king and queen, cut it up to fit and with the back rest I dont have that problem anymore.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts