Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been lurking around this place since June, and I should probably do a proper intro.

For a few years, I've wanted an older project bike, but the right opportunity never came up.

A few months back some friends had a death in their family, and were going through the belongings of the deceased. They called me up, and asked if I was interested in a old motorcycle, which they thought was an Indian. What!?! Of course I am!! After making a 30 minute drive in 15 minutes, I was presented with what appeared to be a frame, tank, and a few small piles of parts which were quite obviously Triumph, and NOT Indian.

Tossed everything in the back of the truck, and carted it all home. I took a decent inventory of what is there, and what's missing. Seems there's a LOT I'm going to need.

After jumping through some hoops, I managed to get ownership papers for the frame, and can start with actually building this thing, instead of day dreaming about it.

It'll be my first full build, although I've been wrenching on cars and bikes for years. This thing is in PIECES, and is going to take a lot of time, money, and patience. Most people I know, and here on JJ would look at it and say don't bother, but I'm not in a hurry, and look forward to making something out of seemingly nothing.

The bike is a '70 T100, and most of the original parts will not be getting used. I'll be using the engine, front loop, tank, and some other bits, and the rest will all have to be sourced.

I've already learned a ton lurking/searching here over the past few months, and have recently ordered the LowBrow engine rebuild DVD. I'm starting to slowly source the long list of parts I need.

Cheers!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome the site. Sounds like a nice project any way, even thou i can understand the dispointed when when Indian was a 70 Triumph.
Yeah, I was pretty excited at the prospect at an old barn-find Indian. Definitely not disappointed with a barn-find of the Brit variety either though...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts