Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No fabrication here. Just installing some new off-the-shelf parts.

I've been wanting to try and freshen up the look of the handlebars on my Panhead chop. I searched around for a while and looked at a lot of different styles. I like the hand position of my existing drag bars but wanted a different look. I settled on some 8" tall Z-bars from Biltwell. I wanted them narrower then stock so I cut 3" off each end. Used 1-3/4" risers to get the height about where my drag bars were. They put my hands a little farther forward then the drags. I'll see how that works for a vertically challenged guy like me. I can lean the bars back a little if I need to. But I think they look best standing up straight going down the road.

Here is a photo of the bars that have been on the bike since 1972...

Sorry for the crappy lighting. It was dark when I finished. Here are some photos of the new bars...

Better lighting, but a lot of clutter in the background...

·
Registered
320 Posts
+1. Nothing as simple and clean as drag bars on risers. The Biltwell and other bars like those with the funny bends are sort of a gimmick. Just my opinion of course. Run what ya' like.

Bob
+2... Again just an opinion, and we all know there like assholes. But I am an asshole.

·
Administrator
7,775 Posts
+1. Nothing as simple and clean as drag bars on risers. The Biltwell and other bars like those with the funny bends are sort of a gimmick. Just my opinion of course. Run what ya' like. Bob
+2... Again just an opinion, and we all know there like assholes. But I am an asshole.
+3...just my opinion as well. I don't like the funny bends in those bars.

But it's your bike and no matter what, it's still a killer Panhead. Enjoy.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
+5...

The Biltwell "Z" is a bit to "modern" shaped in my opinion, but would look much better on there if it had the same bottomwidth as the tree.. so start cutting !.. (and welding..) :D

·
Registered
561 Posts
Good choice! I like them alot better. Classie!. Drag Bars are SOOO worn out! Way Too many out there. Builtwel ROCKS. Awsome bike.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like the drags too. I've sat behind those bars everyday for years. I was just ready to switch it up. I'm sure they'll go back on there someday, but for now I'm liking the new view from the seat.

-Craig

1 - 20 of 26 Posts