Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- I've been a lurker on the hamb for a while, I just found out about this board today. I've built some cars, and am currently working on my first bike. its a 1966 bsa lightning, it was all stock when i bought it four months ago. I've done all the work myself, except the front axle was made by a friend

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nimrod said:
That looks reallllly good!

I wouldn't mind seeing a couple more pics of it.
Whats that back tire?
Thanks- the back tire is a carslisle 4.00 x 19. I have a set of avons on the way for it though.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Wow! That's a great looking bike! Has the front end been shortened? Where did you get your hardtail? I have a 66 BSA Hornet and am in the process of doing some things to it...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hudsoncustom said:
Wow! That's a great looking bike! Has the front end been shortened? Where did you get your hardtail? I have a 66 BSA Hornet and am in the process of doing some things to it...
thanks- I didn't shorten the front end. I bought my hardtail on ebay

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anthem said:
Your fender suport is rad;)

Great looking bike man, and welcome to the board.
Thanks- that fender support was custom built. actually I'm waiting for my new tire before I build a permanent mount.

·
Registered
287 Posts
B + M said:
thanks- I didn't shorten the front end. I bought my hardtail on ebay
hmmmm.... so you haven't done anything to lower the front end? Did you rake the frame at all? It just looks WAY lower than mine in the front....

·
Registered
421 Posts
hudsoncustom said:
hmmmm.... so you haven't done anything to lower the front end? Did you rake the frame at all? It just looks WAY lower than mine in the front....
Ya know, I've noticed this same effect when looking at some Beezas. I don't really know what it is but I think the perception of height has to do with front wheel and tire size combined with the varying front end characteristics of BSA like the gaiters and headlight size and position. Glad to know I'm not the only one that sees some of them that way.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone for the positive feedback! The only frame modification I have done is the hardtail. Its possible that the frontend was changed by the previous owner, but I doubt that because he wanted to restore it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tobiism said:
Hello! Bike looks great! Is that front rim smaller than the rear or is that just an illusion?
Both rims are 19", but that back tire is a 4.00, and the front is 3.00. I have two avons on the way( both are 3.50) hopefully this will even it out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts