Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking around for quite a while now and decided I should post an intro. My name is Luke, I am 21. I am originally from Davenport Iowa, currently going to Iowa State in Ames Iowa (2.5 hrs away). I grew up around bikes my entire life. My dad had some knucks and pans that I grew up riding and working on with him. I just recently bought a 1960 BSA 650 Golden Flash due to the overwhelming amount of people around that have stock Harleys. That and I can't afford a knuck or a pan! I plan on getting a weld on rigid and start cutting some shit up, but being that I am 2.5 hrs away from it limits how much I can do. I will get some pics of my BSA and some of the 46 knuck my dad let me ride while I was in high school before he sold it and post them. I will probably have some questions for everyone when I get some time to start working on my bike some more.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Man.

I love my dad but i wish he was one of those dads that had old pans and knuckles or hot rods..

oh well.

I'm so pissed sometimes when i found out that right when i was born, he got rid of ..........plymouth fury 2 with the 440, various nova's and chevelles..

he never owned anything cool after that... guess i will have to make up for him!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
run what ya brung!!!nuttin wrong with bsa's ive had a couple over the years,im on a ironhead right now,ansd sumtimes wish i had one of my old beez

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I am very fortunate to have a dad that is one of those guys that is knowledgable on everything. He has plenty of shit for me to steal out of his stash of parts too. My plans are to weld a rigid on it, use a triumph ribbed front fender for the rear, 18 inch wheel on the rear. 21 on the front with a spool and clean sportster legs. Not sure on the tank, this is just from stuff that my father and brothers have for me to use. It will be a while before I will see any progress, but I am still excited about it. I dig the pre-unti motors and haven't really seen any but stock besides the tiny dancer. My dad did up some nova's for my brothers when they were in high school, a 70 and 72, I don't have any pics on the computer, it was before my digital. I have a 72 as well that never got finished due to my old mans current work situation but he is retiring so i might throw that at him after the first of the year. He will then be putting his 47 knuck with sidecar back together. I will try to round up some pics next time i am home

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
oh, the bsa's timing cover looks kinda like my norton.

nothing is more beautiful than the english engines..

nortons, vincent black shadows. j.a.p.'s man they should be more popular than harley.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts