Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had put the word on the streets to my motorcycle ridin' friends I was looking for a cheap bike to bang around on. A great friend of mine said he had an old Triumph that needed some work and if I wanted it to come get it. I did. The first picture is what it looked like when I got it. It wouldn't start, paint looked like it came from a can, bolts were replaced with whatever would fit, etc. Overall it was not in bad shape though and there was no way I could complain. The second pic is of its current status. I reworked the engine already. I had the frame, tank, fenders, etc powder-coated. I have British Only on speed dial at this point. I am trying to get this together in time for the IAFF ride on 9-11 to the World Trade Center. I am sure I will have several queries in the coming weeks. Talk soon....

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I noticed I should have added a little more info to my introductory post. I live in Hanover, NH which is up north on the VT border. This is my second bike, first Triumph and the first one I have decided to tear down and rebuild. I had most of the engine work done at a shop last year. I have read a few posts about this sludge trap and it has me alarmed. Unfortunately the guy that did the work went out of business so I can not contact him to make sure he cleaned it out. I guess something to put on the list for the upcoming sledding season. Here is a pic of what she looked like 2 days ago....

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts