Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this site through the HAMB. I've been working on cars for a while now, but a couple years ago I got a 1948 Jawa Perak. I'm hoping to find parts for it so it can get back on the road. I'm going to take a cycle safety course at a local high school soon. After completing the course, I will have my cycle license.

·
Registered
770 Posts
hep1966 said:
I found this site through the HAMB. I've been working on cars for a while now, but a couple years ago I got a 1948 Jawa Perak. I'm hoping to find parts for it so it can get back on the road. I'm going to take a cycle safety course at a local high school soon. After completing the course, I will have my cycle license.
MSF is some cool shit, very worth all the peaks. You can get out of your first tickets, and lower your insurance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some pictures of my project and what it should look like if I ever get it done.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I'm only missing the headlight and speedo.

But I don't even know where to get started on this bike.

It took me 2 years to get the title. When I did get the title it had the wrong VIN. Ther state messed it up - TWICE. I just got the third title in the mail today and it has the correct VIN.

Below is a post I made on the HAMB a while back.

Cliff notes first. I bought a cycle with a title but no way to transfer it cause I was told owner was dead. Found owner's son. His Dad is alive and well. Got title transferred.
<O:p</O:p
I've posted about my cycle before but I have some great news. I finally got the title transfer completed. I bought this 1948 Jawa Perak 250 a few years ago. I got a title with it but the guy who sold it to me never had it transferred from the previous owner. I was told that the guy whose name was on the title was dead. So I bought it anyway and didn't do much with it except take a few pictures and put it into the barn.
<O:p></O:p>
Last year I did a google search and found a guy living about 5 minutes away from me with the same name but he was a Jr. I figured it was the owner's son. I called the guy and explained what I had and what I needed to get done. He told me that he could not help me but says to call his Dad and get him to do it. I was shocked because I was told his Dad was dead.

I got his Dad's number but was a little scared to call, fearing the cycle may have been stolen. Well I called and it turns out that it was not stolen and he was willing to meet me at the notary to complete the transfer. He took my number and said he would call me sometime. A few months passed and no call. I called again last week and we met on Saturday and got the transfer done. The title was already signed. He told me that he signed it back in 1964, which was 8 years before I was born. It used to be very easy to transfer titles and it was common to simply sign a title and have the buyer finish the process. I have a temporary title and in a few weeks I'll have the official title from the state.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Sorry to tell you man the twingle engine style is sad on power . Cool little bike and a great conversasion piece but thats about it . If you got title I'd really advise shoving another motor in it to ride since they aren't worth much finished and realy hard to sell . Hell it looks sick right now . I would just put on a bates style headlight and a small ass rear fender with a little peanut tank and call it good . Thats just me and I'm sick upstairs :D !!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts