Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been creeping around this board for a couple of months, so I thought it was time to join the fun. I'm been a metal fabricator for almost 40 years. 20 of those have been spent doing motorcycle work. As far as accomplishments I was one of the founders of Chopper Guys Biker Products. Me and Gary Munoz started on that in 1988 at my drag race chassis shop in San Carlos, Ca. I also worked at Kosmans for about 10 years working with Martin Windmill. There was definitely alot of knowledge learned there! Unfortunately I quit riding about the time of the new Helmet Law, But I still kept building for customers. I just couldn't get used to riding with a helmet. It didn't feel right. Plus the Harley scene was getting a little to trendy. I enjoy seeing all the fab photos of everyone's projects. In the future I'll post some of my own photos. Thanks Guys!!!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hey SoSo I had Martin up at my house this year in Ohio for the vintage nationals race for old drag bikes Have a frame he made in basementthru Kosman gonna send it back but really nice work, good guy. go to vintage nationals event post and click on our blog page join in if you want trying to get folks together who still want to race for fun with old bikes

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Skinner, I saw your bike before it left it's absolutely bitchin! I still do work occasionaly for Martin and Robert when they need me. I'm just finishing a shovel head drag bike for a customer. Unfortunately it's more of a 90's type build. I tried to get Sandy interested in the old nostalgia bikes whille I worked up there, but he was too concerned with running the buisness than re-living the old days. I myself was fooling around and building front engine dragsters at the time, so you know I was all about the nostalgia thing. The only place that was lettting the old style bikes run was at Palmdale in southern Ca. But that strip closed down awhile back. It never really took off here on the left coast. Check out my photo album on my profile to see the shovel head!!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
SoSo Yea Im dissapointed How things worked out with Kosman I tried for 8 months working with them to build a affordable bike frame for the common man to get into racing wanted to get one up and running for races asked if one could be built so a stock rear wheel and front end could be used with a full frame so a guy could get into it fairly cheap and race like it use to be. That bike is really nice but unproven just out of reach for most folks and me I bought 2 frames from Ed Maybry from Dallas while was waiting for kosman and Ill just have to use them the old M&H tires will be here soon like the old Avon a deal that I gave to them if they wanted but havent heard if they will do anything. Shipping frame back on monday and put engine I had for it in my old Maybry frame. If your a frame builder you would love to see the Maybry frame, Martin was impressed with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts