Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's probably about time to introduce myself and a big thanks to the people on here that helped me get this thing all put together. The swap meet and the tech forum was critical.

I am a furniture designer/maker from Seattle and after Seymour started working with me in my shop back in January, I got bit by the Pan bug. He needed a place to store them for a while and you stare at the damn things long enough and that thing inside all of us just starts nagging away and before you know it you have a front end laying around, then a motor, etc......Without his help and knowledge I wouldn't be half as far as I am now, but we are getting ready to bench test her later this week, so I will let you know how that goes.

Gonna post some pics so you can get a feel for the direction, but I had to bring a little wooden touch to her with some teak foot pegs. Spent countless hours fabricating the parts, but it has been a while since I was on the TIG so nothing is really perfect, but it'll come back to me. It's my first build so it's hard to keep myself from nit-picking every little thing, but that's what the winter is for I guess. If you are in the area give me a shout, my shop is on capitol hill (www.semigoods.com) and let me know what you think.

Thom

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys and Andy, your pan is sick! Just PM'd you about my guide light set-up and I will send you more pics in a bit.

·
Registered
83 Posts
killer//luvn it.:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally finished the pan back in September.....haven't posted because I have been trying to get every last second on it before the inevitable seattle winter hits.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts