Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Im Arjun from New Delhi.Seem to end up here when im searching for some ideas for my bobber so I finally signed up.

Like riding bikes a lot,old school kinds triumphs,royal enfields,nortons and heavy metal music.I own 2 enfields,a stock 1996 350cc bullet and a 2001 535cc Egli lightning im going to build a old school bobber out of.Planning to extend the swingarm by 6 inch's,Z bar handles etc but i dont have much knowledge about building bobbers:confused:,it my first build.I hope to find some good info to help me out on this and it works out well.

Thanks in advance!:D

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Welcome Arjun, India is my favorite country and I get over there as often as I can. It is beautiful.

Got any pictures of your bikes?

Welcome on board here.

Cheers Dan.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Welcome and ditto on the pictures.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks.

Im not too good with camera's so please excuse the shoddy photos.

will add some cool photos in my album soon and as work on the bobber progresses.

The one with the badge on the tank is a stock 350cc and the other one is a Egli 535cc lightning,it did not have its original tank,seat and handles,the frame and engine is original.Got it from a place clost to Nepal for about 600 US$ a couple of years back,is a fast ride and not many of them made so dint think twice:D!

Any idea's?I want to extend the 535's swingarm by 6 inchs but don't know the dimensions etc:confused:.Will get a wassell tank or a jawa tank later,going to use a bates style solo seat(13x10) and shift/chop the rear fender to the middle of the tire and attach it the swingarm with bolt/weld on struts.something like the 8 Ball bike.may go with the stock front tire and get a 3.75-19 at the back.

- Do get in touch next time you come here Dan.Where do like to go?Goa or the hills?

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hope you like the bikes!the photos arent so good the bikes are:D

Which bikes do you have?

I'll be off too for a bike ride once i finish with the build.Will go somewhere in the hills hope during the summers,its get damn hot here from may-july.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Bikes ;look great, check out my build thread to see my triumph, I also have a Monster and an XS750 hardtail build.

Cheers Dan.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Welcome to India from China!

The Bobber you are reffering to is from the Rajputana guys - ain't it?

Didn't see the bike in person before but saw some pics on several spots on "the net"

Think you have some good basis-bikes for mods - ain't not always necessary for a v-twin to build cool rides
if you want to run a classic bobber you should drop that swingarm and go rigid

i myself mod and ride chinese made bikes only

Thomas

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Thomas.

Yeah,thats rajputanas bike,he's one of the best here.I like his builds a lot.

hardtails are cool but the roads here are pretty bad except highways and its not very comfortable for long rides,so i'll be getting the swingarm extended for this one but maybe build a hartdtail next time out of a 350cc or a triumph if i can get one for city riding.Rigid bobbers are very rare here.

How are chinese bikes?never get to see them much!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks,

JJ Rules!

I've not been to Goa,have to go there sometime.You should visit the north next time you come here roach,The ride to Manali is awesome and its a very cool place too.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
EasyRider.420,
welcome, you have found THE best site/community for our types of bikes in the world. The knowledge and skills on here are amazing. I can't speak for anyone else but, for me, the ppl on here drive me to strive to build to a higher level.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks,

Yeah this is the best place for motorcycles,no doubts.

Hope to get info for my build/s! and if I can be of any help to a biker out here it'll be great!

EasyRider.

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
Well cant leave the US any more but have been to Mumbi, was going to Kashmer but the old steem trains broke down.....

But if ya come to the US yer allways wellcome to visit!! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts