Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking through the forum for months now but I've just now bought a chopper project . I've wanted one for the longest time now. I hope to learn a lot from the forums and maybe pick up some parts I need.

The bike I just bought tonight is a 1996 evo in a 1969 frame (I'll have to use the 96 frame due to fitment issues). The bike is very 70's with a boxed 7 over springer and the hardtail frame that is covered in bondo that was used to make it boxy also.

·
Registered
935 Posts
get an ass pad first,and a chain next.then maybe a silver panel on the gas tank.looks close to being good to go ,so ride it awhile and change as you go

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
get an ass pad first,and a chain next.then maybe a silver panel on the gas tank.looks close to being good to go ,so ride it awhile and change as you go
Yeah it's close, but I need to tear it down and sand blast all the bondo off the frame and paint it, then determine if I should even use the frame. The rear cylinder is barely touching the backbone and I'm wondering if it'll be a problem with the motor vibrating while running.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts