Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Mike Akers and I am new to riding, new to Jockey Journal and new to the art of building. With that said, my mentor and good friend has begun molding me. His first order of business was to give me a list of inspirational sites and forums. JJ is by far the most detailed and helpful forum I have ever seen. Every question I have had thus far, have been answered by members and their posts on similar topics.

About a year ago I decided to leave the Jeep world and find my place within the two wheeled culture. I sold my Wrangler and bought a pick up with an 8 foot bed for the sole purpose of picking up a 1968 Ironhead. By far the most amazing feeling for me was driving it home in the back of my truck.

Since then, I have torn down the motor, had the mag rebuilt, picked up some parts, chopped the frame and now I am in the process of fabricating my bars and prepping for powder and paint. I could not have done any of this without my friend, shop mate and mentor Doug, or all of you guys at Jockey Journal.

I have yet to ride this sporty. By the end of April, I should have a running bike. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Good luck with your Ironhead! Yeah, that feeling of looking in the rearview at a motorsickle on your way home with your new treasure is a cool one ain't it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts