Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,737 Posts
Real nice work, I like that site gives us a nice big view to look at. Those are some great shots. I have to learn to shoot outside of a studio someday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
770 Posts
Those are some great pics, probally the best album I have seen. Every time I look through another album, I see a new bike that blows me away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Great stuff, Mulligan. Nice shot in the rearview. And the masks, that about sums it up.... but I notice a certain shot from a certain bar is missing. Had a couple Winnebegos and your smiling mug in it, if you remember.

Glad we met — send me the mag, Keith.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
bendpress said:
Great stuff, Mulligan. Nice shot in the rearview. And the masks, that about sums it up.... but I notice a certain shot from a certain bar is missing. Had a couple Winnebegos and your smiling mug in it, if you remember.

Glad we met - send me the mag, Keith.
I remeber that photo he was so proud of it ! It's always the quite guys .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
halwade said:
Great photos, Keith. I'm getting my bike road worthy this weekend. let's tinker with your bike the second weekend of April. doing anything then?

mcGoo
I don't think I have anything planned right now. I'll check my calendar tomorrow and let you know for sure. In the meantime I need to get a new sealed battery and find some kind of box or case for it. TrumpnutNick, can you tell me what battery I should be getting? I now know what not to get.
-Keith
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
Mulligan4130 said:
I don't think I have anything planned right now. I'll check my calendar tomorrow and let you know for sure. In the meantime I need to get a new sealed battery and find some kind of box or case for it. TrumpnutNick, can you tell me what battery I should be getting? I now know what not to get.
-Keith
Are you planning on staying with points or going to the boyer ? i would run a ytx9-bs or somthing close to that . I can make you a new battery box with a real ign. switch and a protronics reg/rec so all you have to do is hook it up to the coils , stator and lights .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Trumpnut said:
Are you planning on staying with points or going to the boyer ? i would run a ytx9-bs or somthing close to that . I can make you a new battery box with a real ign. switch and a protronics reg/rec so all you have to do is hook it up to the coils , stator and lights .
When I bought the bike it came with a Boyer Mark 3 Ignition. Just took it out of the box and it's used, but looks to be in good shape. There's the transistor box, the magnetic rotor, the stator plate, and one bolt. The other bolt may already be on the bike-not sure. All of the wires are attached. Obviously this is all foreign stuff to me. Is this part of the points or the timing or both? Or something completely different? Should I put this on? I remember you saying I should change the points. If you could, give me a run down of what I should be changing and what to replace them with.

This may help. Was in the description when I bought it:
MOTOR WAS REBUILT TO STOCK SPECS FOR EASY STARTING AND RELIABILITY. CURRENTLY HAS POINTS BUT A BOYER ELECTRONIC IGNITION SYSTEM ALSO COMES WITH THE BIKE. (ALREADY CONVERTED TO ELECTRONIC REGULATOR)

BIKE IS 12VOLT NEGATIVE GROUND SYSTEM, NO MORE LAME POS GROUND!

Thoughts?
Thanks,
-Keith
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top