Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few riding pals and I have been kicking around the idea of starting a club in our area. Their aren't any at all as we are kind of a hidden valley between Santa Barbara and Santa Maria in Ca. but there are a lot of guys who ride and wrench and we wanted to group under our own colors and banner. Another pal of ours who lives in the <st1:city w:st="on"><st1 ="">Los Angeles</st1></st1:city> valley had the same idea a few years ago, went through creating the club with by-laws and all that crap, but mostly they wanted to make their own patch and name and be brothers. Here is where it gets questionable&#8230;.. he and some other friends almost got the shit kicked out of them for wearing their colors as a few guys they ran into said they dint check it out with the other clubs&#8230;.

Now. I wanted to know if this was an isolated incident, or this is the way it goes. Basically were fun loving fast riding beer drinking greasers. But we want a club&#8230;&#8230;and a patch and all.

As my pal put it, when we get in fights at the bar, we want them to know who else is coming in&#8230;. it makes it more fair&#8230;

<o =""></o>Anyone ever done this and know the correct ceremony for it all&#8230;&#8230;

Thanks&#8230;.
Keith

·
Registered
49 Posts
You better get permission from the other clubs. You will be doing alot of fighting if you don't.

If you don't design your patch with rockers you usually will be alright. Its when you call yourself a Motorcycle Club and sew on rockers, you end up getting the shit beat out of you.

There is an established way to go about this. Maybe some of the other guys can fill you in on the details

·
Registered
129 Posts
Scarloos said:
A few riding pals and I have been kicking around the idea of starting a club in our area. Their aren't any at all as we are kind of a hidden valley between Santa Barbara and Santa Maria in Ca. but there are a lot of guys who ride and wrench and we wanted to group under our own colors and banner. Another pal of ours who lives in the <st1:city w:st="on"><st1 ="">Los Angeles</st1></st1:city> valley had the same idea a few years ago, went through creating the club with by-laws and all that crap, but mostly they wanted to make their own patch and name and be brothers. Here is where it gets questionable&#8230;.. he and some other friends almost got the shit kicked out of them for wearing their colors as a few guys they ran into said they dint check it out with the other clubs&#8230;.

Now. I wanted to know if this was an isolated incident, or this is the way it goes. Basically were fun loving fast riding beer drinking greasers. But we want a club&#8230;&#8230;and a patch and all.

As my pal put it, when we get in fights at the bar, we want them to know who else is coming in&#8230;. it makes it more fair&#8230;

<o =""></o>Anyone ever done this and know the correct ceremony for it all&#8230;&#8230;

Thanks&#8230;.
Keith
look man, it comes down to this....simply put, if you want to start a club than you better be able to back that shit up to the fullest....if you're not prepared to do that, than club life ain't for you. make some t-shirts!

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
MC clubs are not like Car clubs from what Ive gathered. Any jerk off can start a car club(look at me) but when it comes to bike clubs theres a whole another word out there!
Alot more "respect" due and to be earned.
Ive also been told there is soime sort of counsel of clubs thats supposed to be approached before starting your own?
but Im new so what do I know

drink your beer, turn your wrenches, ride your rides and just have fun. your all brothers even if you dont have a patch.

As for those fights NEVER let them know whos coming.

·
Registered
630 Posts
If you're wearing full on colors your bottom rocker proclaims your turf.

It's well established practice for dominant clubs to beat other clubs out of existence when both claim the same territory.

If you really think there aren't any MC clubs in the area, wearing a bottom rocker is a quick way to find out.

Wear a back patch, no rockers, or make t-shirts, or join a car club.

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
Yeah generaly 3 piece patches aren't a good idea . An " MC " tag or " 1% " or a territory rocker , anything like that is also a bad idea . If you think there is going to be a possible beef , deffinatly go to a clubhouse of one of the big clubs in your area and settle it with them first . Let them know you are just a bunch of kids who all ride and are buddies & stuff . Make sure they know you aren't an outlaw type club starting up in thier hood . If you dont have any big outlaw clubs in your town , or within a few hundred miles of your town , you should be okay . . . but I would rather be on the safe side of that one .

·
Registered
179 Posts
LA City Fire thought they could form a "bad ass" LACFD-MC club .... Hell their firemen, no one will mess with them ... They did back patches and rockers .... Word is ... they were advised this was a "real" bad idea .... They dropped this patch idea real quick !.....

·
Registered
146 Posts
=mike= said:
Yeah generaly 3 piece patches aren't a good idea . An " MC " tag or " 1% " or a territory rocker , anything like that is also a bad idea . If you think there is going to be a possible beef , deffinatly go to a clubhouse of one of the big clubs in your area and settle it with them first . Let them know you are just a bunch of kids who all ride and are buddies & stuff . Make sure they know you aren't an outlaw type club starting up in thier hood . If you dont have any big outlaw clubs in your town , or within a few hundred miles of your town , you should be okay . . . but I would rather be on the safe side of that one .
just to add a couple more to this list of why its not a good idea....

even if you get the ok from the club, shit changes, and you may still have problems with their prospects

outside your area, you will be in somebody else's, and they will have no idea who the fuck you are and what agreement you have with who, and if they do know who you are, its probably a bigger problem than if they dont

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
I see these posts come up from time to time, and always wonder why?

Why the fuck do you feel like you need to wear a patch? So you have a few buddies who ride and wrench, keep it simple and just ride and wrench. I have good friends who wear their patches with pride (some since the late 60's), I ride with them, and hang out when I want to. When I was asked to attend "church", I respectfully declined. I dont need a patch on my back to identify to myself or others who or what I stand for. You shouldnt either.

If you wanna be a scary biker, go down to a REAL m/c hangout and find out all about it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
no one cares about t-shirts...stay away from the rockers & 3 piece sets...

Or, fuck it...put the rockers on and see who has a problem. And then when you heal and buy new bikes, you'll be absorbed by the larger club (and I think you may be in someone's turf, btw) Maybe they'll let you keep your cool back patch. Do this only if you're all single and have no kids, that is. 1%ing goes a little beyond drinking beer and fighting and wrenching.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Django said:
Would it be an equally bad idea to run a drag plate from our car club on the bike?
I haven't noticed anyone having a problem with club oriented items as long as they have an obvious 'C.C.' on them. But that's here in Texas, you're mileage may vary in the North or in California.

·
Registered
114 Posts
FUCK M/Cs they suck & so does the culture. Ive been around outlaw bikers my whole life (sadly, in my family) stay as far away from it as you can.

this is why recently the sinners have been so adament about makeing it clear we are not a bike club. for years its never been a question or a problem. we happen to have friends in the 1% world who understand us. weve been lucky.
problem is in the last 5yrs with newer members who are so gung ho about bikes & magazines blah blah its put us out thier like a bike club. then with this documentry CHOPPERTOWN. it was only suposed to be named that then the film guy's added the sinners in the name, and it really looked like something it isnt.
it used to be people assoceated us with the kustom kulture car club sceen, since a few of us have backgrounds from the lonely kings, choppers,dukes etc. now with so many more sinners haveing bikes its just fucked!!!

doesnt matter how you do it, shirts, patches etc. if you ride bikes in a group with the same outfits on your gonna run into problems.

go to any bike show, shop, swap meet etc. & ask around youll hear nothin but nightmares.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.