Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, have been here a while and wanted to check in. Have been away from bikes for some years, my background relates more to auto racing. My nephew just completed a bobber evo hard tail and it really gave me the urge to do something after seeing it.

I will be picking up my basket case this weekend - 66 Triumph T 100 bolt on hard tail from one of the guys on this board. Plans are for a skinny bare bones traditional bobber. I see a lot of knowledge out there and hope you guys will allow me to tap into some of it.

How available is 17" rear and 20" front rubber, will I be better off going to a 18" and 21"?, want to stay with a vintage type product.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Craven Moorhead said:
Hello everyone, have been here a while and wanted to check in. Have been away from bikes for some years, my background relates more to auto racing. My nephew just completed a bobber evo hard tail and it really gave me the urge to do something after seeing it.

I will be picking up my basket case this weekend - 66 Triumph T 100 bolt on hard tail from one of the guys on this board. Plans are for a skinny bare bones traditional bobber. I see a lot of knowledge out there and hope you guys will allow me to tap into some of it.

How available is 17" rear and 20" front rubber, will I be better off going to a 18" and 21"?, want to stay with a vintage type product.
Thanks
Welcome, Craven Moorhead, glad to help in any way! A ribbed Avon Speedmaster 3.00 x 20" is still available, well at least I see them (new) at local vintage swapmeets overhere...A rim is probably not that easy or you have one now? I would go for a 21" front...

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Danny F. said:
Welcome, Craven Moorhead, glad to help in any way! A ribbed Avon Speedmaster 3.00 x 20" is still available, well at least I see them (new) at local vintage swapmeets overhere...A rim is probably not that easy or you have one now? I would go for a 21" front...
Thanks Danny, the basket comes with a 20" front and a 17" rear, I may need to get a 18" and 21" based on tire availability I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts