Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been around much lately, life seems to be getting in the way of fun. However, last week everything came together and I bought my first HD! I finished my probation period at work and am now a permanent employee with the city. Had to buy myself a present to celebrate. :D

I got a killer deal on this '98 95th Anniversary XL1200C. Being a limited edition numbered bike I might not cut this one up. However, now that I've finally experienced what an Evo-1200 is like to ride I can see buying a project to build someday. I love this thing! I thought Sporty's were supposed to vibrate. Until you hit 70 mph it's pretty smooth. I can see why the Sportster fans on this board like them so much.

The '84 Yamaha XS650 Special I bought last year will probably be sold. I'll list it here once I decide what to do with it.

Al "Boyd Who" Gingles
Calgary, AB
http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles

·
Registered
474 Posts
Who cares about those limited edition bikes. It's just HD's way of charging more $$ and it looks kinda boring. I really don't think it will be worth anymore than any other sporty that was built in 1998. My suggestion is to get a Flyrite smokin gun set up and make that sporty badass. Ride the piss out of it.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I second that, get out the ol' hot wrenches and start whackin shit off it!!:D Who cares? If you like it, leave it I guess, but factory shit is for pussys and dudes with too much money. If you can't change it what fun is it?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well guys, I love the looks of the Flyrite setups, and someday will build something like that. For now, however, this bike will be ridden pretty much as it is. This one was mainly bought to be a cool form of transportation...something for my twice-daily commute to work, plus something that my wife can handle riding pillion on. She loves to ride along with me, but her back can't handle a rigid or anything too radical. Therefore...one fairly stock bike for traveling 2-up, and when we can afford it we'll buy another 1200 to build for me to play with. In the mean time I will ride the piss out of this Sporty.

I wasn't even going to post that I'd bought this bike but I figured there are enough Sporty fans on the board and this is my first one. Sorry if I offended anyone. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
427 Posts
if it were something special I wouldn't do it like a 100th anny Heritage Springer or something but it's just a sporty...don't get caught up in their everyday is a anniversary day edition if you like it the way it is ride it if you don't butcher it....

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Dont matter what it is or how it looks ya got my respect if ya ride the shit out of it.:D They dont all have to be rigid frame bobber,chopper,ralpher,timmer,drop the chalupa custom bikes.;) Sometimes they have to have a utilitarian purpose such as what you bought yours for.Good luck and ride on brother.

BUT.................................................
Now if it was me I would be makin all the other anniversary models worth more cause cause I would be changin that one all around cuttin and a choppin.But thats me. As my wife always says I cant leave anything alone.BAHAHAHA

Shoe

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
congrats on the job and the new wheels...hang around here enough and you will have that xl hacked into a real limited edition: 1 of 1- your way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts