Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my old man finally decided, hes sold 3 cars he loved to help with money and room for my mom and for my sis and her fiancee to move in.... so he FINALLY got some freedom, and bought himself a new triumph... he got an america, not my choice, but a nice riding bike if i do say so...

normaly i couldnt give a shit less about new things, but the bonnevilles really had me thikning... about $7800 with tax and everything for the one i was lookin at... then there is the enfield, last i knew they were runnin $5000 or so, and i KNOW they are slower, LOL....

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Triumph...hands down.

While I haven't ridden/owned a new Enfield, every last review I've read said they're like owning a new old bike. Constant tinkering to keep them running right. And when they are, they're not going to win any races.

I have an 04 Bonnie. Love it. Bulletproof. Plenty of power. And it looks damn nice if I do say so myself. In fact, any of the new twins--Bonnie, T100, Thruxton, Scrambler--have received nothing but glowing reviews by both the Moto media and regular joes.

The downside? Telling everyone who stops to ask about it--which is every time you park it--that it's a new bike.

Just memorize these answers:
Yes, it's a Triumph.
Yes, they still make bikes.
No, I didn't restore it. It's brand new.
Yes, I bet it looks just like the old Bonnie you had in the 60s.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Was looking at the Enfield a year back. Saw it in person and it looked, well, like it was put together by a crappy high school shop class. The original Enfields from the UK way back when were sweet. The "new" ones are still manufactured 1960's style (and not in a good way) in India. Look at photo's from the Enfield site of the manfacturing facility and it'll help you understand. The US distributer has done a good job making them look good but there's no way you could better the Triumph. Also think parts availability and resale.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Late 90's Speed Triple OR late 90's Ducati 900ss. You'll never even remotely think about the money spent. Always a sign of a good purchase.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
yesterday on my way to the triumph shop on a curvey road, (kelly drive in philly for the locals), while riding my 04 speed triple, a guy on a black thruxton with some crazy loud pipes was blasting in the opposite direction. it was like a triumph commercial. two killer modern triumphs, totally different styles, totally different sounds but both equally impressive bikes. my triple sounds killer with the high carbon circuit pipe & all but DAMN that twin sounded MEAN! he was hitting those curves hard too.

out of all the 'exotic' makes, i think triumph has every style of bike you need & they offer superior quality, price & performance in every field.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.