Jockey Journal Forum banner

new bike. i had to do it.

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Billdozer1811 
#1 ·
you guys my know i'm buildin' a BSA. well the project has come to an unexpected stop. i've been tryin' to get together with my bud ,so we can move on to the next step. luckily i have something else to work on. i've been humpin' on my '55 chevy for the last 3 weeks.

i'm bein' honest w/ myself and o dont think this bike will be legal and/or roadworthy for another month or 2. well hell!! the summer is 1/2 over and i wanna ride NOW.

so this weekend i bought a cheap used 2004 buell blast. make fun if ya want. call it a girl bike. whatever. i dont care. i can ride now.
i rode it areound my dads neighborhood sat.(no tag, no helmet) his neighborhood is pretty secluded. it sure is fun. and that's what it's about rite? and i now have a "legal" bike to take to the DMV to get my licence.

no pix yet. i guess if someone want's to see it i can post some.

#2 ·
Hey man it's cool. My wife is a new rider and we just picked up a Suzuki Savage and she's been riding it around Mt. Horeb on her permit. I actually rode it to work today since my scoot is apart for a new tire and some other shit. but it's a fun little bike. I kinda feel like a monkey fuckin a football on it because it's so small, but it is a blast to ride. It's better than riding in cage.

mitch

#12 ·
I have been pondering the thought of buying a Blast too. With the gas costs 60 mpg in town and 72 on the hwy sounds real good to me. I have seen some used ones around here in IN for around 2 g's. I would like to see some pics of what you got, maybe even one of you sitting on it. My big concern is fitment/comfort on a smaller bike. Thanks.

#14 ·
I guess we're comin' outta the closet. After about 3 hours of combined riding in six months on my T120, and the engine being torn down I went and picked up a new Triumph T100. Been riding the balls off the thing. Swore I wouldn't do anything to it, but it's been three weeks and the mods are starting to pile up already. It's nice to be back on the road again. A nice side effect, finally having a legal bike again made it possible to get down to DMV and finally get my M1, as I've just been renewing my damn permit every few years for about the last decade and a half...

-Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.