Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all this place is amazing for info a credit to all of you who have posted over the years. I'm just getting into bikes, I've always built cars before so should be able to get through this with help from you guys. By day I'm a tattooist and love my work but I also like to create stuff. I've just started to collect parts for a bobber, I've got a 61 triumph duplex frame with hard tail, 46 5t 500 engine, slick shift box, belt drive primary conversion plus lots of other stuff, just really struggling for wheels at the moment. trying to find hubs is a nightmare at a sensible price, but who said this stuff was cheap eh. well I've babbled on enough all the best and thanks in advance podge.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all thanks for the welcome "it's well tidy see "lol think you need to be welsh to understand that. I'm from just outside Pontypridd. will post some pics of the project soon and as you say it is a slippery slope can't stop looking for parts and stuff. =jl= see your just outside Brecon nice to see another Welshman here all the best podge

·
Registered
305 Posts
Geez-this is almost a local thread ! What kind of hubs you after ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for the late reply I'm on hols at the mo I was after conical hubs. Managed to pick some up from the states complete with brakes, just gotta clear through parcel force now. I was thinking about getting new rims and spokes from central gonna have a go at building them up myself
Should I start a build thread for the project or post stuff here? All the best podge

·
Registered
697 Posts
Start a build thread in the main forum.

Also, be careful with Central Wheel, I've not had a problem myself, but they're notorious for fucking things up. If you're building your own you should be ok, just make sure they send you exactly what you ask for.

I must admit, I ebay everything now. Places like Central and SRM charge a huge premium for a level of expertise which never seems to be forthcoming when you actually do the deal. :cool:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Nice one on the hubs . Central wheel did a 70's shovel rear wheel for me recently-no issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts