Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LJ from PA and I was recently gifted a 1980 Honda CB400t in good running condition (for the most part, of course) and just started tearing into it. It will actually be the first big vehicle project of any kind for me so I'm grateful for help.

This after some minor tear down from this evening

Naturally going to do something something cafe'ish but I'm thinking a little more aggressive (read: Uncomfortable? ;)). I won't be riding it often.

I also decided today that I might try and shove a small draw-through turbo under the seat. What could go wrong? :D

I'll amaze myself if I get it done in less than a year and under $1500. :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Read the manifesto.

·
4,060 Posts
^ What he said.

Welcome from Macungie. I have a good friend in Frackville. Set tight until you get something board-approved.

·
Registered
82 Posts
welcome to JJ....some really awesome folks here (waves to Mule)....this board is mostly meant for American and Brit (so I was told)....jappers aint all that welcome, although you can still be a member....I used to own Harleys and Brits....just have Jap now because i been disabled for 23 yrs and all i can afford....

maybe the Gods of ther Board could finally submit to ther fact that there are a lotta cool Jappers out there....better yet..."no newer than 1986 or sumpin....

but anyway, welcome, brother....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw about the JDM and wasn't sure if that applied to modern'ish [sport] bikes since the culture that comes with it can get... brash.

I perused some of the threads (particularly: Cafe Racers) and see that a lot of the bikes here are right in line with what I have in mind so I wasn't sure if that was the spirit of the of requirements laid out.

Be that as it may, I'm a guest in this house. Just trying to explore a community and style I'm not familiar with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually worked at Rodale for a while and lived in Allentown back in the early 2000s. Macungie isn't a bad place to be. Some pretty excellent roads north and south of 78 between there and Harrisburg as well.

^ What he said.

Welcome from Macungie. I have a good friend in Frackville. Set tight until you get something board-approved.

·
Registered
679 Posts
off topic. but what i can remember, it was a barage of every swinging dick with a japper flooding this group. im guilty, not gonna lie, but after seeing millions of cb's and yammies. shit gets kinda old. oh you wanna buy an 81 cm400t? sick of looking at it, plus i need bsa money. kinda why i left for a few yrs, waiting for the phase to die.

·
Registered
679 Posts
you might want to check chopcult, more jap friendly. but if you have a serious question come here. chopcult is mostly a bunch of younger hip guys that think they know everything. cool pics but thats about it. for tech shit JJ is the place.

·
4,060 Posts
Dig that front end on the Ironhead.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts