Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
BSA, Norton, Triumph, Villiers, Ducati,Guzzi,Buell, Harley & misc Asian
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's try this again.
Did a intro before, told I have to again so here goes. Old grumpy wingnut into vintage British mostly, a few HDs, Buells (which in our regional vintage motorcycle club are over 20 yrs old per club rules so vintage as well) 3 Italian bikes, some Asian vintage bikes and I own a motorcycle brand with a convoluted history.

Used to run a shop as well, customs, restoration, overhaul, welding, fab, paint & body and especially repair of stuff people thought impossible to repair. Military & civilian aerospace and several forays into manufacturing. The long suffering Mrs. Sluggo is senior mgmt in manufacturing and machine shop and currently building her 69 Chevelle so we got a wide range of projects.

Currently over 100 vintage British bikes but I promised to downsize.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I am personally sorry to say this, but the introduction above is unacceptable by JJ standards. Please try again.

Don't give up! It typically takes about eight tries to produce a JJ-certifiable intro.

Finally: Welcome, Sluggo. Is one a them new Nortoons among your hostages? -- I'm guessing you'd have mentioned it if so. ...?

James rats

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am personally sorry to say this, but the introduction above is unacceptable by JJ standards. Please try again.

Don't give up! It typically takes about eight tries.

James rats
8x????? Is there a conspiracy to run people off? I read the stickies, been on forums and admin on a few so not my first rodeo, and once upon a time this forum was chock full of cool bikes, tech and builds.

But, can I offer a suggestion that I often do as a admin? DM with WHY & specifics on how to correct a problem or issue. If people have to guess & make repeated attempts then it's time to retool

Yes, I own currently 3 Norton America Prototypes and all the company assets, development parts, tech, and CAD files. As well I ran a shop and 4 40 ft shipping containers of new & used parts, projects and basket cases of vintage British.

Need a project?

As well I volunteer and do promotion for the NW Vintage Car & motorcycle museum and the Antique Powerland campus, home to 13 other museums and over 100 affiliated vintage clubs. We host education programs, shows, swap meets and national rallies

Right off interstate 5, exit #236 just north of Salem Oregon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have literally thousands of photos of testing, prototypes and various versions of the VR880, the 952 and 961 Norton's, I didn't get into that because as per the *sticky, these are not old school choppers so other than a mention it was my intention to focus on the vintage BritBike stuff. No shortage of those here at the Gearhead ranch. 😜

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OVM, VME, AMCA, O.N.E ( INOA regional club) NWNO, and used to put on the motorcycle show and swap at the NW Vintage Car and motorcycle museum. Will be at Tenino in a few weeks, not sure on Oaks park but I led the OVM club ride last year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts