Jockey Journal Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I don't know. To me the new HD bikes are a joke. Flat black? Come on guys. If I wanted a flat black HD, I would buy a older one that had been well used and needed a new paint job. Strip it, spay the bike in my garage. Done. Flat black Harley. I don't need Harley to paint my brand new bike that way.

I always associate flat paint and primer to being hands on. A garage thing. A guy more concerned with riding the bike then spending more dough to have it painted. So to me, if someones rolling around with flat black that means he probably did work on the bike/car he certainly didn't buy it from Ford that way. OR he said screw the gold chainers with their thick tribal graphics and neon paint...I don't need flashy paint run my bike he says. My bikes too cool to run paint at all. *And the women in station wagons and mini vans gasps when he rumbles by them*
Now the "Yupps" can have the "built this in my garage" look along with the chrome cup holder for a few more coins. Too much of a image thing for HD.

Harley should stick to mile deep shiney paint and fat seats and a great bikes. I like a HD as much as the next guy. I just don't think they are as true to themselfs as a major manufacturer should be. Jumping on the flat black wagon isn't what I want to see them do. And folks will follow them anywhere. :(

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
The only tough thing about non-factory V-twin chopper/bobber/whatever bikes is their resale value.

If you're keeping your toy forever, fine. If you're going to ride it for a few years and move on, a decent resale value is nice.

I've learned this the hard way.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts