Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you have not seen it yet,harley davidson has updated their website with the new 2006 line of bikes.they are finally doing good this year

a new designed dyna line.which includes a new redesigned frame,6 speed trans,fuel injection standard,160mm rear tire,and bigger forks (49mm).there are 2 new models this year.the 35th anniversary super glide,which looks like the original super glide of course.and the street bob which has a lowered rear,and ape hangers.it is available in a flat black color

softail line has a new stripped down heritage softail,which doesnt have bags or a windsheild

v-rod line has a new night train style bike with a mini fairing and mid controls.

touring has the street glide,which i have personally seen and love.shirt windshield,the new harley 160 radio that reads mp3 cd's.short turn signals,mirrors in the inner fairing,fender tips are paint matched as are the saddle bag hinges.no light bar

the CVO model bikes are new also.the fatboy has a 200mm tire and the v-rod has a 240mm tire.i didnt look at the touring.

i have only seen the street glide so far,and it is a bad ass looking bike.we still have 5 new bikes in the crates yet,which im hoping are some of the other new models.

i cant wait to see the street bob,here is a picture of it
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
Hmmm. Make HD richer or help out the little guy? I'd rather take two of these for that price.

Starts at $11,999.00 - 33° Rake • 2" stretch in down tubes • 88" RevTech • 3" BDL Open Primary • Kick Only


Starts at $13,499.00 - 30° Rake • No Stretch • 2" under springer • 88" RevTech • Kick Start • 3" BDL Open Primary
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,021 Posts
Yeah! I hope H-D goes out of business!!! VIVA LA KAWASAKI!!! :confused:

I like FRC a billion tons, as well as SPS and Chandler Originals (talked to him last year about a roller, but couldn't get the dough together), but I don't see knocking the big boys for following a trend to make a profit. I guess I'm an idiot.

Cool new H-D.


btw, I'm not knocking Kawasaki. Don't be over-sensitive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
BrianPettit said:
Hmmm. Make HD richer or help out the little guy? I'd rather take two of these for that price.

Not me man, this whole traditional thing is gonna jump the shark any day now. See you suckers later.

Seriously, isn't that low for a brand new HD? Seems like it to me but I have never really priced a new HD, I always thought there was a 6 years waiting list and the MSRP was around 50K.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
Polock Joe said:
Seriously, isn't that low for a brand new HD? Seems like it to me but I have never really priced a new HD, I always thought there was a 6 years waiting list and the MSRP was around 50K.
Guys...I'm just saying. If you handed me that cash I would be calling FRC not HD. BUT thats just me.

No thats not that low. You gotta tack on all the dealer costs, licence, insurance, extended warranty...blah blah blah and that 13 bills turns into 15 or 16 quick.

Besides the reason that every HD you see in the paper is hauling around 5 grand worth of chrome and the yahoos want to get that out when they sell em. Jacks the price up something terrible. Soooo every HD is overpriced in my book.

I think that waiting list thing is no longer around. Maybe for the brand spanking new models or "custom" models. Not sure.

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Polock Joe said:
Not me man, this whole traditional thing is gonna jump the shark any day now. See you suckers later.

Seriously, isn't that low for a brand new HD? Seems like it to me but I have never really priced a new HD, I always thought there was a 6 years waiting list and the MSRP was around 50K.
thats about right for a dyna.there hasnt been a waiting list for a long time.if a dealer tells you there is,hes bullshitting you to probaly throw down more money to get the bike you want.there are some bad dealers out there,but there are alot of good ones

fatass said:
Yeah! I hope H-D goes out of business!!! VIVA LA KAWASAKI!!!

I like FRC a billion tons, as well as SPS and Chandler Originals (talked to him last year about a roller, but couldn't get the dough together), but I don't see knocking the big boys for following a trend to make a profit. I guess I'm an idiot.

Cool new H-D.

btw, I'm not knocking Kawasaki. Don't be over-sensitive.
__________________
Father, son and the Melba toast.
seriously.everybody else and their mother are making choppers and bobbbers and what not.now harley comes out with a decent looking bike styled after what alot of people want,and people are against it.

first if it wasnt for them,and people bobbing and chopping them,this shit wouldnt exist.
second,how many of these little guys can offer a warranty like harleys? (no offense to the smaller guy,i love FRC and SPS) ive seen harleys warranty cover some shit since ive been working in a dealer.
third,they pay my bills
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
I went and looked around at some metric cruisers and the Harley prices are fairly competative. Maybe a couple K more in some situations but there are some metrics that are more than a HD in the same catagory.

2wheeler.....pipe in here with your new bike buying ass.


On another note, I saw the Devil's Rejects and I gotta say I was neither impressed or frightened.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
"first if it wasnt for them,and people bobbing and chopping them,this shit wouldnt exist.
second,how many of these little guys can offer a warranty like harleys? (no offense to the smaller guy,i love FRC and SPS) ive seen harleys warranty cover some shit since ive been working in a dealer.
third,they pay my bills"




What type of warranty would you like on the bike? We offer a warranty and if you really really want to, take it to 5 years or more....and its super cheap too.


-Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
917 Posts
Funny, earlier tonight my brother-in-law was telling me about the new "Street Bob".
He rides a stock Road King.
Anyway, They can up the production numbers and drop the price, but its still a stock, factory bike.
In fact, the more they make (and sell) the more "bikers" will be out there on their new Harleys...all looking the same.
Some people will always buy a stock bike because of the warranty, etc... and some will say FTF and ride something original.
G.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,888 Posts
The Factory has always followed some of the best trends around-21" wheels, belt drives, etc. The Softtail isn't even their design, so it doesn't suprise me that they decided to go with a flat black "bob" now.
Larry T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Polock Joe said:
Not me man, this whole traditional thing is gonna jump the shark any day now. See you suckers later.

Seriously, isn't that low for a brand new HD? Seems like it to me but I have never really priced a new HD, I always thought there was a 6 years waiting list and the MSRP was around 50K.
Are you kidding 50k won't get you in the door .You have to pay dues ever year .I think this is the year that the company is gonna ask me to buy one of there t shirts .just kidding i have 2 hd's but i did take a sawzall to ever emblem and name plate on them . oh and to the guy at arrow head harley fuck you and your resale value those bitches are mine ..........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Polock Joe said:
I went and looked around at some metric cruisers and the Harley prices are fairly competative. Maybe a couple K more in some situations but there are some metrics that are more than a HD in the same catagory.

2wheeler.....pipe in here with your new bike buying ass.

On another note, I saw the Devil's Rejects and I gotta say I was neither impressed or frightened.
so what was all the shit about needing to sleep in my room .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
2 wheeler said:
so what was all the shit about needing to sleep in my room .
Aww man...you fukking promised you wouldn't say shit!!? I ain't even going to say anything about how you cried like a little bitch at the end of Alien vs. Predator.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Polock Joe said:
Aww man...you fukking promised you wouldn't say shit!!? I ain't even going to say anything about how you cried like a little bitch at the end of Alien vs. Predator.
fuck that that shit was sad . All he wanted to do was go home . I had a cold that day..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
2 wheeler said:
fuck that that shit was sad . All he wanted to do was go home . I had a cold that day..
Cold? Only thing that is cold is the shoulder your gonna get if you keep up the blabber mouth shit.

We still on for the Notebook this weekend?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
BrianPettit said:
Guys...I'm just saying. If you handed me that cash I would be calling FRC not HD. BUT thats just me.

No thats not that low. You gotta tack on all the dealer costs, licence, insurance, extended warranty...blah blah blah and that 13 bills turns into 15 or 16 quick.

Besides the reason that every HD you see in the paper is hauling around 5 grand worth of chrome and the yahoos want to get that out when they sell em. Jacks the price up something terrible. Soooo every HD is overpriced in my book.

I think that waiting list thing is no longer around. Maybe for the brand spanking new models or "custom" models. Not sure.

Brian
i love frc .but has any one seen the insurance on a bike like that .it was like 325 a month thats more than the payment .i know there is some insurance out there thats cheaper .but i didnt want to look so i bought a new harley .still waiting on the chrome cup holder .jk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
617 Posts
2 wheeler said:
i love frc .but has any one seen the insurance on a bike like that .it was like 325 a month thats more than the payment .i know there is some insurance out there thats cheaper .but i didnt want to look so i bought a new harley .still waiting on the chrome cup holder .jk
Ok I'm sort of a poster child for this discussion. I was ready to buy a new bike I looked at Harley's for a long time and just couldn't see myself buying a bike for that price and would have to end up changing a bunch of stuff to make it the way I wanted it anyway so I opted for the FRC. You guys can start a whole nother thread for that if you want as to why I didn't just build one like the majority of you do, but I was ready to ride yesterday. the 13K 15K they advertise on the HD site is "suggested" MSRP not what them bitches are going for in the store. and you pay extra for all of the extended warranty and stuff.

As far as insurance I got full coverage for my FRC for only $700 a year and I can have it bumped down to just comp for the winter which will be cheaper than that. I had no problems getting it either. the insurance agent was even honestly excited to see the bike when I had it delivered (State Farm).

I love HD, but I am not a "rich yuppie" (or whatever other over-used and misunderstood coined phrase you can come up with) so I can't afford it. But I think even if I could afford it, I would buy an FRC Prospector, except this time I'd order it with a custom paint job and S&S.

Mitch
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top