Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have the hard tail all done Ill need to figure out what to do about the extra 5 inches Ill have to cover to reach my rear brake arm. Its a 77 Sporty with rear drum brake. I called Barnetts and they can make me a new cable for about $52 plus shipping or Hammer In Hand makes a nice one all done up but says it fits 57-74.

I was thinking about getting a steel rod and threading/bending it. Not sure what size Id need so it doesn't flex?

Thoughts, ideas?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i have used a coupling nut to add length...but weld it or safety wire it.

the last one I did with a cable i made a bracket and welded it to the frame, if i rember right it is a little tight.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Can you use a clutch cable? I remember years ago, my very first bike was a 77 Ironhead and I put a bolt on hardtail on it. I used a clutch cable I think. I used one of the emergency cable repair things on the end near the pedal. That was 13 plus years ago, so I am sure there are advances in cable repair/making, but even if not, that setup never gave me any problems the two years I rode the hell out of it.

Sixball

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.