Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
64 Bonnie. This was rebuilt years ago and I'm finishing bringing it back. I'm having a brain fart re: the clutch lever assembly. These are the original clutch lever parts that worked for years. Maybe they got installed incorrectly???
First: I did use the RTFM protocol (Read the Fucking Manual(s) :)
Second: Yes, it is the proper lever for the serial number (there was a change-over mid year). There is no little inspection plug on outer cover.
Third: I suspect the cable end goes into the case and attaches to "connector" but there is no room for the lever to move upwards.
The pic shows the inside of g/box outer cover with spare "spoke" and "connector" (T1714, T1946) laid on top of k/start return spring to show (or try to show my problem). The "connector" lands some where in the "abutment (T1644) and won't fit in the bore. (I know, I tried to drill one out!)
Any guidance would be appreciated. I'm stumped! Thanks in advance, Bruno
Photobucket
Photobucket
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Manx,
Thanks for answering.
Yeah, it's hard to describe, and the pic ain't great.
The clutch is installed. The issue is the clutch cable end fitment to the connector (57-1946).
The release lever (57-1708) is installed and works (i.e. moves outward when lever arm is rotated CCW (clutch released), spring returns it to horizontal.
In the at-rest lever arm-at-horizontal position (clutch engaged) there is no room for spoke(57-1714) and connector to move upward cause it hits bottom of abutment (57-1644). I think I'm doing something elementally wrong, but for the life of me can't figure out what it is!!
Thanks for helping, Bruno
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top